cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring MaxDB database from Solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

The requirement for me is to generate alerts for Log area and Data area of a MaxDB database using Solman 7.1 SP6. I have followed the  below SAP notes and tried doing the basic pre-requisites for the connection from Solman to MaxDB to work.

SAP Note 649814 Updating MaxDB/liveCache client software.

SAP Note 822271 FAQ: SAP MaxDB client software

Our Solman system resides on MSSQL 2005 DB. The thing is from DB02 I am able to connect remotely to the MaxDB database and get the details. It also gets the details of the DB, like where the MaxDB is installed. Though these details are given I still get an error saying "Error creating a secondary database connection" and "Set up of a secondary connection to the database system failed. It is possible that the data required for setting up the connect".

Following the SAP notes did not allow me to check if I have missed any steps. Could you please help me out to find the step that I have missed?

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys.. Thanks to all for the reply the issue is fixed. below are the 2 steps that I had to follow

1.) Update the maxdb client in Solman system to 7.8 as our kernel version was 720 and this is the requisite for the connection to work

2.) Use SAPR3 user while you create a connection in Solman system to your maxdb database

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Bharath

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I got brave, and retried my DBACOCKPIT setup for MAXDB, which has been failing since the upgrade to Solution Manager 7.1.

I tried placing dbsdbslib.o (I'm UNIX not windows) in another location in my PATH and LIBPATH, but SAP looked explicitly in /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run.

When I placed dbsdbslib.o in /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run it still failed to load the dbsdbslib.o this time due to missing dependent module libSQLDBC77.o.

Indeed when I looked in /sdb/programs/lib/lib64 that module wasn't there, but libSQLDBC76.o was!  Normally when a new kernel is installed, new db and new OS releases MAY be required... So I tried upgrading the MAXDB client on Solution Manager to 7.7.  When I repeated the connection test in DB59 it worked!

Ken

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You need to install the MaxDB client software on the Solution Manager server

You need to download and put the SAP kernel DBSL for the MaxDB

You need to then configure the connection in Tx DB59 to the remote database.

Follow this SAP note

1265134 - DBA Cockpit: Connecting a remote database

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

Thanks for the reply. I referred to the SAP note.

"You need to download and put the SAP kernel DBSL for the MaxDB" --- By this did you mean to download the Database Library for MaxDB database and place them in the Kernel path usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\ and  other executable  folders?

If thats the case I tried and still end up in the same error

Thanks,

Bharath

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath

By this did you mean to download the Database Library for MaxDB database and place them in the Kernel path usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\ and  other executable  folders?

Yes. Did you restart the system after that ?

If thats the case I tried and still end up in the same error

Did you install MaxDB Client Software ?

What is the error you get now ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rb,

Yes I did restart the system.

MaxDB client software is installed. The version installed in 7.6 64bit.

Below is the error that I get if I test the maxdb database connection from DB02 TCODE.

CheckResult
DBSL Library Availability01\QTest successful
Client Software Availability01\QTest successful
Execute an external operating system command (DBMCLI)01\QTest successful
Determine status using TCP/IP connection SAPDB_DBM (DBMRFC command mode)02\QAn error has occurred
dbmrfc_c_neg: system_failure02\QAn error has occurred
Name and Server     : <SID> - ***.***.INTRA02\QAn error has occurred
Function            : DBM_EXECUTE02\QAn error has occurred
Command             : db_state02\QAn error has occurred
Error               : System Error02\QAn error has occurred
Error Message       : timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456 Timeout during connection setup02\QAn error has occurred
Determine status using TCP/IP connection SAPDB_DBM_DAEMON (DBMRFC session mode)01\QTest successful
Test the SQL connection (Native SQL at CON_NAME)02\QAn error has occurred
sql_neg: no_connection02\QAn error has occurred
sql code:02\QAn error has occurred
Error creating a secondary database connection02\QAn error has occurred
Set up of a secondary connection to the database system failed. It is possible that the data required for setting up the connect02\QAn error has occurred
SQL code:02\QAn error has occurred
Please check with SM50 the following work process: 1302\QAn error has occurred

Also the workprocess gives me the below error.

Loading DB library 'E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll' ...

*** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - LoadLibrary("E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll")

rror 126 = "The specified module could not be found." [dlnt.c       255]

{root-id=0017A47750281ED39E8D27C3ED57A603}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

*** ERROR => Couldn't load library 'E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll'

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appologies. After pasting the log it looks a bit absurd. Hope the below one helps.

DBSL Library Availability@01\QTest successful@

Client Software Availability@01\QTest successful@

Execute an external operating system command (DBMCLI)@01\QTest successful@
Determine status using TCP/IP connection SAPDB_DBM (DBMRFC command mode)@02\QAn error has occurred@

dbmrfc_c_neg: system_failure@02\QAn error has occurred@

Name and Server     : MCS - LVMCS01.ERP.INTRA@02\QAn error has occurred@

Function            : DBM_EXECUTE@02\QAn error has occurred@

Command             : db_state@02\QAn error has occurred@

Error               : System Error@02\QAn error has occurred@

Error Message       : timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=456 Timeout during connection setup@02\QAn error has occurred@

Determine status using TCP/IP connection SAPDB_DBM_DAEMON (DBMRFC session mode)@01\QTest successful@

Test the SQL connection (Native SQL at CON_NAME)@02\QAn error has occurred@

sql_neg: no_connection@02\QAn error has occurred@

sql code:@02\QAn error has occurred@

Error creating a secondary database connection@02\QAn error has occurred@

Set up of a secondary connection to the database system failed. It is possible that the data required for setting up the connect@02\QAn error has occurred@

SQL code:@02\QAn error has occurred@

Please check with SM50 the following work process: 13@02\QAn error has occurred@
Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Call Tx SE38 and run the report RSADA_CHECK_SERVERS

What is the output ?

After installing the MaxDB Client software did you update the environment variables of the sidadm user?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah. I ran that report and it gives result as OK.

Also the parameter, guess its the PATH env variable you are talking about..

Its is set as a user variable,

• <indepprogpath>/lib containing the SAP MaxDB libraries
  • containing the executable sapdbmrfc like /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run
  • <indepprogpath>/bin
  • <indepprogpath>/pgm

Also what I read in a SAP note LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the variable for UNIX env and mine is a WIndows env. I have still set this variable.

Thanks,

Bharath

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please check with SM50 the following work process: 13  @02\QAn error has occurred@

What does the work process 13 trace file say ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the trace.

*** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - LoadLibrary("E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll")

{root-id=0017A47750281ED39E8D27C3ED57A603}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing is, I have installed MaxDB GUI in the solman server and tried to connect to the remote MaxDB database. It works and I am anle to administer the DB. The problem is when I access it from SAP level.

Thanks,

Bharath

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It says that the MaxDB DBSL kernel files are not found.

Did you update the files correctly ?

You need to put the DBSL files in the DIR_CT_RUN location and sapcpe will copy them to E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe during the startup.

Also make sure you are using the kernel files based on the SAP Solution Manager release.

If the system is Unicode then you need to use the unicode files.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

Yes. This is the same way I followed. Also our Solman is 64 bit Unicode system and the DBSL files that I downloaded for the MaxDB database is same. One more thing is when I use the command

dbmcli -d <db_name>-n <db_server> -tpp <tp_domain_profile> -tpi MCS -tpc <db_name> db_state

I get the state of the Remote MaxDB. So this works from Solman OS level and does not work from SAP level. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bharath

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath

Do you have this file present in that location ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

From the work process trace file - which you pasted -

ERROR => Couldn't load library 'E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbsdbslib.dll'

Looks like the dbsdbslib.dll file is not being found in this location :

a) Please check if you are able to see the physical file  dbsdbslib.dll under the exe locations ..

verify under the above mentioned location and also under the /sapmnt/SID/exe  location ...

b)  If yes - then did you restart the WINDOWS server after you put the DB Library files for MAX DB in the server ..

c) If no - then please check the SAP Note 325402 - dbadaslib/dbsdbslib: How do I apply a patch?

This note speaks about a similar issue and this specific file needs to be downloaded from the market place

( corresponding to your kernel version )

Let us know how the above checks go !

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

I followed the note. Rebooted the server as well. Still the same issue.

To clear some air, below are the steps I followed.

1.) Download the file lib_dbsl_441-10007269.sar. This is the MaxDB DBSL files and the latest available in the market place for 64bit Unicode 720 version.

2.) Our Solman system is 64bit Unicode 720 version. Hence downloaded the above file. Hope this is the right file to be downloaded and used.

3.) I have placed the files in E:\usr\sap\sid\DVEBMGS00\exe\ as well as the SYS and SCS folder of SOLMAN system.

Still I end up with the same error.

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

Yes the file is available in the folder. I have given the steps that I have followed. Could you please let me know if I have missed something or if I have done something wrong?

Thanks,

Bharath

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bharath

Unfortunately I cannot access your system to check it and the only one who can access it is SAP support (apart from you). You may raise an OSS message and get them check it.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

I just did that. Thanks a lot for the help so far. I will let you guys know if I resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

lots of info available under - Home - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

use solman_setup transaction and setup your system as managed system. There is a step in setup which should create the db connection from solman to your satellite system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for the reply. Yes you are right. That is the exact step where I am stuck. If you see my posst, I mentioned this as well. I get the same error when I try saving the step and try creating a DBACOCKPIT connection. Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Bharath