Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Access parameters for Windows Based PI 7.3

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already gone through the Forum to find the answer but was unable to find something that could resolve the issue.

We are on PI 7.3 and is Windows based.

I requested Basis to create the file paths for the development.

However, first of all Basis came back with the below created File paths-

\\SAPDPI100\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound

I am not sure that is the right way to create file paths as I am unable to give the correct file access path.

Here SAPDPI100 is the PI Dev system.

I requested the file paths on the same lines as what i can see in AL11 in PI Dev as below but Basis is not creating them saying that is not how they currently do ECC file access.

S:\usr\sap\DPI\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound

The file permissions are currently set for 666 but the parent directory access is 777 which i think should be ok and I ahve requested Basis to upload a dummy file in the above path.

I have tried the file access in PI file adapter with forward slashes and backward slashes for the S:\usr\sap\DPI\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound but nothing is working.

Please tell me what i am doing wrong and what are the correct definitions for defining the file paths on Windows based and how to correctly give the file access values in Sender File adapter.

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Please check your channel in the RWB- Component Monitoring (Adapter Engine) -Communication Channel monitoring, there you can find any log of the possible error.

You dont need to put any special in the path definition.

Regards.

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I have checked the RWB / channel details and no logs are coming through.

I ahve not put anything special in the file path but would also at the same time would like to confirm as to which file path should be created by Basis moving forward for the file adapter to work correctly and actually poll the given path.

Path 1 = \\SAPDPI100\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound

or Path 2 = S:\usr\sap\DPI\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound

I am also not sure about the file permissions but that i can look into once i get some polling logs.

Regards,

Archana

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

A permission problem has to be present in the log. I think the channel is not polling the path, have your tried to set the channel inactive and later active in order to restart the poll?. Are you using the mode Test in order to calibrate the new path and later to set you desired poll?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows path are always maintained like this :

\\SAPDPI100\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound   - 

here SAPDPI100  --> needs to be your server host name or IP address ..

Also chck on the sharing part mentioned in my post above

Thanks

Rishi

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Please find the details below-

Hi Gagandeep,

The server name is SAPDPI100 and I have just tried with the IP in the File access in the Sender File adapter and it is not showing any thing.

I will try and check if the external access is there for this path.

Is there anything in the adapter engine where i can also check why the adapter log (even if empty polling or any error) is not coming through?

Regards,

Archana

Regards,

Archana

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the status of Channel

is it green or red?

also check the file name  try with * also

Regards

GB

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gagan,

Now that i can see some logs in the channel monitoring, the \\server name\file path is working fine. Basis has already created a shared mount between PI and ECC so i use the common location for the POC and use the project locations for actual processing.

Thank you again for all your help

Regards,

Archana

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

If you got the solution then can you plz close the thread

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana

Which directory are u able to see in AL11??

Go to the directory in AL11 and double click on the file, then copy the file path from there and put in the sender file adapter.

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

In AL11 i can see both the directory paths.

I have taken the file paths after double clicking both of them and updated the Sender File adapter but nothing is happening.

I would also like to confirm as to which file path is the one that we should move forward with.

I have read the various threads but have not found any example of the file path \\SAPDPI100\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound but have some threads with the other path being used in File adapter.

Regards,

Archana

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

\\SAPDPI100\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound

in above path "SAPDPI100" is the host name/or sharing computer name which is  on same network & understand by source system but i think you PI server is not understand that name:

so one option is used the IP address of that system or try to update the host file of your PI server with value of "SAPDPI100" with IP address

but i would prefer IP address for this

ex:

\\192.XXX.XXX.23\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound

and you can also check whether this path is accessible from your PI server by taking the remote login of PI server & then typing the same path in Explorer of you PI server.

& also check "Inbound"  is also shared or not?

Regards

GB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana

Normally the AL11 path looks below

Can you please provide us the screen shot of AL11 in PI and the comm channel configuration so that we can have a look??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana

You can check from your PI system if you are able to access the path  through Start --> Run and then put the location as below

\\<Server IP address or hostname\SAP_Interfaces\Inbound\

Are you able to get through to this location when you are logged into your PI DEV user.

This location needs to be shared to all users ( in the network ) from where there will be any access to it .. Especially the <SIDADM>  users

Thanks

Rishi