cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDMC - UCIA Doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am generating UCIA for ECC upgrade from EhP4 to EhP6 but not sure what to provide here

Below is the first pop up where i choose "Use Ref Info Base"

Please advise what to fill in above second pop up.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

You have to provide an input to the given pop-up is the target release of the system and the Reference Infobase name to store the same in the system.

For UCIA Reference InfoBase scenario SAP Note 1889663 may also help.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

Thanks for reply.

I understand that I have to input the target release of the system and the Reference Infobase name to store the same in the system here :

Can you please suggest what should be the exact value of input.

For example - If Source system is EHP4 SAP ERP 6.0 and Target is EHP6 SAP ERP 6.0 then what should be the input value in "To End Release" in above screen.

Should I just type EHP6 or SAP_APPL release like 606 or some other input ?

Similarly please suggest the input value to be entered for Reference Information Base.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

It is just for our reference. You can use target value as EHP6 and for Reference Info base you can give like RINFO_EHP6, this name will get store in the table 'CNVCDMCUCIA_KBSE' once you have complete this you can see this information in the CDMC UCIA Project below the project landscape.

While importing the reference informationbase data in the system you have to use this name which you have entered in the UCIA project.

SAP Note 1321095 is for UCIA Reference Infobase scenario.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritish

Above reply is helpful but i am still confused.

My scenario is customer is having SAP ERP EHp4 - all 3 system dev qa and production.

SAP Solution Manager is 7.1 Sp10.

Customer wants is UCIA should give impact analysis for EHp4 to Ehp6 upgrade for customer specific objects.

Now if I choose reference info base

control system is solman

what should be the role of other system here

and how system is know where is the reference info base is ??

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Ok, Did you gone through the SAP Note 1321095.Please check the same and let me know you are on which steps and which steps you have already performed.

When you use Reference Information Base scenarion then you have to keep Reference system blanks without entering any value in it.

So whiel defining the project landscape in UCIA project you do not have to enter any RFC destination for the Reference system as you have selected option Reference Informatnion Base.

Now in you UCIA project Landscape in Solution Manager Control system you have to define only two systems that Control and Analysis/quality.

Control system RFC destination will be NONE and for analysis/quality system you have to provide RFC with dialog user from Control to Analysis system.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

what should be the role of other system here

and how system is know where is the reference info base is ??

You must very clear, the system roles are defined well before by the global settings with the needed RFC all defined on that time itself. have you done?

Moreover reference base is not meant for any system, its the reference base from SAP standard tables,  For example I want to compare my system with the other new releases from SAP itself.

more details.  If you can compare your EHP4 with other latest version systems if you have in your landscape,   (normally sandbox in client landscapes, option as reference system)

or

you can use any reference base from SAP Standard tables,

You can all the  information very clearly with the help link available in the panel itself. That would be the best way to go with CDMC.

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

cORRECT

i have done the same setting but my doubt here is how system will know which target version to match the objects and how it will calculate the impact because we have just enterered a text in the back screen like you have mentioend EHP6 and RINFO_EHP6

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

i have been reading but this is not sufficient and confusing me and that is why clarifying it with all experts..

reference base will come from where ...if there is no system

i have run with system and that is fine because reference system is ehp6 so we know we are comparing a ehp4 with 6 and then system can build analsysi

here we dont have system as a reference and knowledge base we are not providing any data so how system will know which are the SAP stanard table modules etc in new EHP6 ...because there is no system in the background

hope this clarifies where i am struck up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Please find the explanation below :

Whenever customer go for an upgrade he has to analyze the efforts for an adjustment of objects and find the impact on the objects.

Here two scenario comes into picture

1) Customer is having one upgraded system already with him (Reference system)

2) Customer not having an upgraded system with him (No Reference system available)

Now in this 2nd scenario customer requires the object information which undergone changes in the upgraded version for this customer has to go through Partner and SAP Partner provide the list of the standard SAP objects which are changed in the specific upgraded system release.

In UCIA before , go to the SAP partner you have to find that in customers system which are the standard SAP objects are used, for this you have to execute the UCIA activity 'Find Referred SAP Object'. Once you got output from this activity you download it and send it to the SAP partner then SAP partner will give the list of changes object in the some format, for example in piece list/ transport.

SAP Partner now will import data which he received from the customer in his Reference InfoBase system.Now SAP partner is having an list of the referred SAP objects and he will import it in his system using transaction 'CNVCDMC_EXTRACT_KB' . this transaction will find the list of the SAP objects which undergone changes and these objects will be store in the table 'CNVCDMCUCIA_KSP8'

Now there are two ways to import KB data in the customers Control system.

1) If SAP partner is able to create an RFC between his system and Customers control system then customer will use transaction 'CNVCDMC_IMPORT_KB' and has to give the created RFC of partners system with the reference infobase name which used in the UCIA project.

2)SAP partner need to create an transport request to get data import from RefInfo/partners system to customers control system then while creating the new project again customer need to import data through transport in the control system.

Partner/service provider has to create a transport with the reference content found above and sends it to the customer. Transport needs to be created for two tables 'CNVCDMCUCIA_KBSE' and 'CNVCDMCUCIA_KSP8'

OR

Customer can create an RFC destination from control system to partners Reference Infobase system .

Customer can execute transaction 'CNVCDMC_IMPORT_KB in his solution manger' system.

NOTE :Here the assumption is that the control system (Sol Man system) at the customer site and the Reference Information Base system of service provider/partner have the same basis release.

This way customer get the Refernce Infobase content in his system.

Hope this will help to understand the procedure.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritish,

Thank you very much for detailed explanation.

But I have some queries like :

Now in this 2nd scenario customer requires the object information which undergone changes in the upgraded version for this customer has to go through Partner and SAP Partner provide the list of the standard SAP objects which are changed in the specific upgraded system release.

How and from where will we get the list of standard SAP objects ?

In UCIA before , go to the SAP partner you have to find that in customers system which are the standard SAP objects are used, for this you have to execute the UCIA activity 'Find Referred SAP Object'. Once you got output from this activity you download it and send it to the SAP partner then SAP partner will give the list of changes object in the some format, for example in piece list/ transport.

So do we have to skip the steps in UCIA before this step Find Referred SAP Object?

Let me explain our scenario again :

We have SAP ERP EHP4 system and SAP Solution Manager is 7.1 SP10 for a customer and both are connected.

Now UCIA should give impact analysis for EHP4 to EHP6 upgrade for customer specific objects using the Reference Information Base method.

So what are the steps to be executed and in which systems ?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Once customer executed UCIA activity 'Find Referred SAP Objects' then has to download this list and send it to the customer.

If you check the 4th Para in my reply i have mentioned the next step which SAP Partner has to execute in his system.

Please find the same below copied from my earlier reply :

SAP Partner now will import data which he received from the customer in his Reference InfoBase system.Now SAP partner is having an list of the referred SAP objects and he will import it in his system using transaction 'CNVCDMC_EXTRACT_KB' . this transaction will find the list of the SAP objects which undergone changes and these objects will be store in the table 'CNVCDMCUCIA_KSP8'

And after this you have to follow the same steps as mentioned in my reply.

I am not clear with your second query. You have to execute UCIA activity 'Find Referred SAP Objects' and then once you imported reference infobase in your control system then you continue by executing remaining UCIA activities in the same UCIA project.

Hope this should clear your doubt.

Best Regards,

Pritish

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul, but that does not provide answer to my issue.

I need to know what input should I fill in the pop up screen.

This is no where mentiond in the link.

Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha