Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip availability checks on intercompany purchase orders

former_member620347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our scenario is as follows.

We are having APO system linked with our R/3 system for availability checks.

During creation of intercompany purchase order availability checks is carried in APO and as per stock availability PO is confirmed automatically.

Our requirement is that for some checking groups there should not be availability checks on purchase order. Our planner will do stock confirmation in APO as per convenience and then PO will confirm.

We can not remove check box of availability check in checking group because this will impact on all process e.g. confirmation of sales order etc. 

Can you please give any input whether we can achieve this using standard or we need to do this in user exits.

Thanks

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

I completely agree with expert on this. I too had similar requirement in the past during one of our implementations and we had created a new check mode for this purpose that has the check instructions settings as "No availability check. ". However, if your system is determining the checking rule as "A" ( I am not sure if it does )., you can modify the requirement class / check mode in the user exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 and pass the check mode that has the availability checking switched off. This should help you achieve your job.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

I assume that when you say "intercompany Purchase Orders" you are referring to Stock Transport Orders.  Please confirm.

When you maintain the Check Mode for STOs in GATP you normally use a different Business Event from the BE used by Sales docs.  Sales docs in standard ECC always use BE's of  A or AE or AQ or AV or AW, depending upon the MRP segment.  Your BE in SCM is dependent upon the Checking Rule created in ECC.  A common BE (Checking Rule) for Stock Transport orders is "U", but there is no SAP standard for this config.

I suggest you modify the Check Instructions for the STO Check mode for STOs so as to turn off Availability checking.  If you don't have a unique Business Event (Checking Rule) for STOs, create one in both ECC and SCM.

Check Mode - SCM IMG > APO > GATP > General Settings > Maintain check Mode

Checking Rule - SCM IMG > APO > GATP > General Settings > Maintain check Instructions

Best regards,

DB49

former_member620347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

we do not want to turn off ATP check for the materials, however we want to skip ATP check during STO creation. The ATP check and confirmation should happen when we are using the Trans BOP or BOPI

Thanks

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

I believe this solution will require enhancement.

You didn't ask, but I will give you my opinion anyway.  I would seriously review the business requirements before proceeding.  This doesn't sound like anything that is going to solve more problems than it creates.

Best Regards,

DB49

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

Please confirm if my understanding is correct --

Your requirement is NOT TO  DO ATP check for intercompany STOs. However these STOs will eventually go through ATP Check when Planner would manually do it .

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helo Sudhir,

I guess, you need two check modes to achieve this purpose. Probably, the best way is to pass the check mode that has ATP check switched off during document creation or change ( from R/3...You need to use the exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 to modify the requirement class or check mode  ). If you're in SCM 7.0 EHP3, you have a new functionality in /SAPAPO/EBOPI where user can change the check mode manually and do the availability check. This check mode is something that should have ATP check ticked on. But, this will not help you do the same in BOP. You may need an another enhancement to do it.

(or)

The other way to look out is have a check mode in Product Master ( /SAPAPO/MAT1 ) that has availability check "switched on" and modify the requirement class / check mode in ECC using the user exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 and ensure that no availability check happens during STO creation/change from R/3. Key thing is when you run BOP for STOs, you need to check the check box "Read Checkmode" so that it reads product master informaion instead of the check mode that is stored in Livecache during ATP check.

Downside of doing it :- As Dogboy has already told, this will introduce new problems mainly because you're playing with two check modes. Mainly, you will see that the requirement class in ECC and Check mode in APO ( Livecache) are not in synch with each other This is kind of inconsistency.

As long as business is OK to proceed with this solution, you could go ahead and execute multiple iterations of testing on this and make sure that everything is working as expected.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

former_member620347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes your understanding is correct about this issue.

As per business for some of the products ATP check should be done by planner manually.

This is the reason we want to skip ATP check during STO creation.

Thanks

Sudhir

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your confirmation on the problem statement.

I am proposing use of "Cancel Confirmation" option. which can be seen in Parameter Check Tab from BOP variant.

So now regardless of whether ATP Check is done or not when STO is created, you have option to run to Cancel existing(or previous) confirmations for STOs which are confirmed by real-time ATP Check.  Also you can define additional filter/selection by creating filter variants.

Once cancel confirmation is done, then you can run BOPI to do actual confirmation based on Stock availability. This will respect the Sorting(prioritization) and filter logic as well.

Note, Cancel Confirmation BOP process is pretty quick.  But still allow some time for update/send (CIF transfer) to complete before running the actual BOP.

This may not be the perfect solution, but I know it works well. I have used similar logic to handle scenario with particular Order Type of Sales order.

Advantage is no custom development.

Please think about it and let me know.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare