Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specify a tax jurisdiction key

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in SRM_SERVER 701 and getting above subject error 'Specify a tax Jurisdiction key' while creation of Shopping Cart. I referred OSS note # 436760 and BADI activated even though note is not relevant to 701. After implementing BADI, I am getting error,

Backend is not connected to vertex but Jrd code is fixed (e.g. CA0000000 ) and also I can able to create manual PO after filling Jrd code in Invoice tab of PO item level.

Do anyone know how to fill Jrd Code  OR get rid of this error? Thanks and help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rahul Mandale

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Jurisdiction for Tax Calculation - Tax Jurisdiction Code

The tax jurisdiction is used for determining the tax rates in the USA/CANADA. It defines to which tax authorities you must pay your taxes. It is always the city to which the goods are supplied.

Jurisdiction code is picked from the delivery address ( if your delivery address comes from Plant, then Jurisdiction code comes from the Plant business partner).

Tax codes are picked from customizing. You can configure them per Country/Product category combination in SPRO (Determine Tax Code for Country/Product Category)You can make settings for Domestic or International purchases

Please refer to following notes for info on jurisdiction codes/ tax codes.

881086 - Country-specific tax calculation

1666129 - Error message TAX_TXJCD 105 occurs when trying to create a shopping cart

436760 - TAX. Specify a tax jurisdiction key

657146 - Enhancement for US tax calulation: Functions

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Problem is not in Tax code but with only Jurisdiction code. I am able to create PO in backend with Jurisdiction code. Per note # 436760, I tried to implement BADI ( to fill dummy Jurisdiction code), but that is not working for me since that OSS note is not applicable to SRM_SERVER 701.

Any other suggestion to resolve this issue? Thanks,

Rahul Mandale

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI rahul

As per what I understand can you check what is the delivery address maintained for the cart . Incase it is missing you might get that error . Since Jur key is found based on the location.

Please can you check the same and confirm back ?

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delivery address is correct in the SC as per ADDR_SHIPT attributes which includes complete US address. I found that  OSS # 1649318 is correct one which add condition ( SRM do BE tax calculation but BE is not connected to Vertex) to code - CL_EX_BBP_BDI_TAX_INPUT.

Once I implement this note, problem will be solved.

Thanks to all for your input.

Rahul Mandale

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use txn OBD3.  Select supplier group & click on display.  Select general data under field status. Double click on control under select group. You can make Tax jurisdiction code optional.

It's a workaround, let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

former_member293881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Aftab - I don't have any message "Specify a tax jurisdiction code' in table T100.

Srimaan - There is no external system like Vertex etc. connected to ECC. Only tax determination and calculation purpose SRM connected to Backend (ECC). I am getting no error in ECC while creation of PO.

Vinay - Your suggested  ECC configuration is already there. Even though you make it option, because of US and Canada, we need to fill it since US country with TAXUSJ tax procedure.

Any other suggestion to fill tax jurisdiction while creation of Shopping Cart in SRM 7.01 ? Thanks,

Rahul Mandale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

If you are getting the error message at PO Creation level the I am sure that Message should be available in System, Please past the complete error message in the post, I will try to find out the exact message number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this field is not mandatory for you create SC then, you can convert this error message into warning.  To do so,Copy the error message and go to messages Table

Find out the Error Message Number from Table T100

Goto SM30: Maintain table BBPV_PDMSG

Change the Message type Allowed to EW

Go SPRO

SRM Server> Cross-Application Basic Settings>Message Control>Influence Message Control

Select Shopping Cart > Add this error message and change to Warning

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Can you provide more details ?

Are you using External Tax system or you pulling Tax Jrd details to SRM from ECC ?

Also, If external TAX system activated can you please try PO in ECC with those details..

Other check points Vendor Master/Plant/Cost Center for Jurisdiction code..

BR

Srrimaan