cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Afaria vs SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to this area. Could you clarify me on below points.

1. Afaria, SMP and SUP are three different components?

2.we want to use Afaria for one SAP delivered unwired app, for that do we need SMP and SUP as well?

Thanks

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

1. Afaria is nothing but a Mobile device management (MDM) tool which helps to set policies to manage enterprise mobile devices by OTA (Over The Air. Example), You can install new app without interference of device user, wipe out the device if device lost etc..

SUP and SMP are same, SUP has been re-branded as SMP by SAP. The brand Sybase Unwired Platform was kept upto the version SUP 2.2 SP04, After this version the same platform is re-branded as SAP Mobile Platform 2.3. Refer the below link for re-branding...

Rebranding

2. As i said, SUP or SMP are two different versions of same product, you have to decide whether you want to use newer version or older version. Newer version is SMP 2.3 (SMP 3.0 is in Rampup stage)

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yokesvaran,

Thanks for the detailed explanation provided.

for Point#2

Afaria will be add on tool to SMP platform ?

Thanks

Gopi

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Afaria is a separate tool for MDM. Earlier version of SUP comes with Afaria add on. I think, from SUP 2.0, Afaria and SUP come as two separate tools.

See the below video for Afaria introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KMRIiJNQ8TA

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

In addition to  above replies:

In new version of SMP (3.0) it is unified product of SUP, Syclo Agentry, sybase mobilizer.

There are very good documents available to start with Afaria. Please check these links:

SAP Mobile Acedamy - SAP Afaria

How SUP and Afaria Help Enterprises with their Mobility Solutions Video

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yokesvaran/Jitendra,

Thanks for your Inputs.

Thanks

Gopi