cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate a record before insert SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m trying to validate a record before the insertion in the repository. This record has values duplicated, for example: In the repository we have First Name, and the incoming record has First Name New and First Name Old, and we have to match the First Name Old of the incoming record with the First Name in the record of the table in repository, and then replace the First Name of the record in the table in repository with the First Name New of the incoming record.

Graphical example:

FIRST STEP

Incoming record:

First Name NewFirst Name Old
PirloTotti

Record in the table of repository

First Name

Totti

SECOND STEP

Match the incoming record with the record in the table of repository

THIRD STEP

Update the record in the table of repository

First Name

Pirlo

I think that we can achieve this doing a WorkFlow, but I don´t have the knowledge to do it.

Thanks for your support!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elkin,

Duplicate post of following thread : http://scn.sap.com/thread/3480916

Please close one of the either.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Erdal_Şimşek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

validating data in MDM before the data is written into MDM is not possible without additional tools like BODS (Business Objects Data Services) or the MDM enrichment architecture. Also the MDM workflow handles data in the repository only. The question is: do you mean validation in an MDM sense?

As far as I understand it here - you match FN_Old against FN in MDM during import. If FN_Old = FN then update FN with FN_New. Otherwise you could for example just skip if the values don't match. You can see the results in the Import Manager before the import (I am sure you know this already).

Regards,

Erdal