Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Demand Retention-Location Substitution

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement wherein the demand should be captured at the original location rather then at the substituted location.

To explain you with eg:

Location-L1

Location-L2

Product-P1

Placed an order of 100 at L1

I have a location substitution rule which has been set up that if the stock is not available at L1 then fulfill the order from L2

So as per the rule the system checks the stock at L2 and gives the schedule lines at L2

Though the order can be fulfilled by location L2 but I want the demand to be captured at L1 because the order was originally placed at L1.

How can I achieve that. Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Can you plz explain, what is the business requirement you want to achieve with this.

You mentioned you need this for DP, is actually not explaining anything.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh/Love/Babu,

I just posted one more query on STO.

Need your expertise in the below scenario:

I have need to create a scenario wherein the order is fulfilled via the STO if the stock is not there at the original plant via Location substitution.

Steps:

Two locations: DC1 and Location1

Product -PA1

Stock at L1 is 0

Stock at DC1 is 100

Order created for 100 qty at L1

I have set up the rule based location substitution wherein if there is no stock at L1 go to DC1

So now I want the system to do a stock transfer to L1 from DC1.

Once its done then the location remains the same as L1 and its not changed due the location substitution.

Couple of questions.

Based on the above scenario wherein I am not actually substituting the plant, Can I really call it as a Location substitution.

Secondly, how can I configure the above scenario?

Let me know if you need any more info to help.

Thanks

Karan

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

As a best practice of SCN and to maintain the decorum, "one thread - one question" is something that looks better in order not to confuse the other users who would be searching for answers or scenarios. So, Always close the old thread if it has been answered and open a new thread for the new question. Now, I have seen you another query. Will respond there.

Babu Kilari

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

To the best of my knowledge, considering your scenario requirement class that gets determined in R/3 plays a major role here. Usually for main items and sub items the schedule line category is configured differently and the item category as well. So, you would see two different requirement classes getting determined for main item and sub item respectively. The same information is available in the requirements relevant information VBBE (field values BDART PLART concatenated together) in R/3. To consider this as a real time demand, you should consider the relevant sub item based on the requirement class that you see in APO ( check mode in APO ). If I am not wrong, you are trying to upload the key figure "Sales orders" to consume the demand forecast in SNP. Also, if it is about pushing the data to BW for sales history purpose same logic applies.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu ,

Can  RBA with Stock Transfer be used here ?? In that case the original req will be on L1 and a STR will get generated on L2 .

Rgds

Love Singh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello LoveSingh,

Yes. Pretty much possible to do it that way. You can setup an activity in such a way that there is an STR that gets generated from Loc2 to Loc1. Good idea 🙂

Babu Kilari

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

This is a possibility, but with an extra cost of transferring the stock from substituted location to main location.

If your client is ready with this, then yes this is very much possible.

Rgds

Sourabh

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

I understand you want to capture demand(Sales Order Qty) at your original location. If you can give some more information on your requirement of Demand Retention - What is the purpose of this? Is it required for Demand Planning in APO-DP?

I know after implementations of RBA functionality, Sales order will have Main lineitem(TAPA) and Sub items(TAN) in Sales Order.

For demand retention you should not include any Sub items from Sales order, only consider main item with Item Category = TAPA.

Also you can refer this thread which has a update from me as well.  I think this will give you some insight on what needs to be done.

Hope this will help.

Thank you,

Satish Waghmare

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes you are correct. I require it for the Demand Planning.Let me know if you need more info.

In the mean time I am looking at the link you provided.

Thanks