cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selecting ECC operation for scrapping from disposition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a case where the SFC can be sent to a disposition from one of the three operations. Here the SFC can be scrapped. When the NC of the SFC can not be closed here it is to be scrapped.

I have assigned necessary script to send to "Scrap". Now this scrapping has to take place with respect to one of the three operations from where the SFC has come to disposition.

In the disposition operation in step id, when I assign step id of one of the operations and scrap the SFC, it works well and SCF is scrapped with reference to this operation.

But how can we ensure that one of the operations can be selected? I tried assigning step ids of all three operations to disposition operation. System allows me save it. But when SFC is scrapped it still picks the first of the ids assigned.

Can some one guide me on this?

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I'm not sure if I fully understand how you configured the process and how you execute scrapping and selection of the operation. Some screen shots would be beneficial for the purpose of illustration.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Many thanks for reply back. I have reposted the issue with a file. Basically my requirement is as follows:

Quarantine is an operation in ME where I need to scrap the SFC if the NC could not be

closed. When I tried scrapping the SFC here the BAPI call failed since there was no

reference to any of the ERP routing step (Reporting step).

Next I tried by assigning the Reporting step of Oprn 10 to Reporting step field in

Quarantine operation in routing. After this when I scrapped the SFC, it worked and BAPI

call was successful and it sent a scrap confirmation to ECC with reference to Oprn 10.

I also tried assigning multiple Reporting step (for Oprn 10, 20, 30 and 40) to Quarantine

operation in field Reporting step. I did allow me to save it. But when I tried to scrap an

SFC that has come from say Oprn 20, it still picks Oprn 10 for scrap confirmation.

Since Quarantine receives SFC from many locations, there should be a way to scrap it

with reference to the main routing step from where it has come?

Hope this gives some clarity on issue.

Would be really great to receive your opinion on this.

Thanks

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Thanks for details, Srinivas.

So, it looks as if you want to have a universal Quarantine operation which Reporting Step can be set up dynamically. I guess this is not possible, and 1-to-1 relation between operation and reporting step is implemented so far.

Thus I would suggest some changes to the routing - see below:

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

My regrets over the delay in replying to you. And many thanks for the suggestion.

I had thought of doing a logical split of quarantine in to 3 part. If I split rework area also then it will increase number of PODs for the same physical area since I am planning to freeze the POD for that specific operation and resource.

Also we need to look at reporting part. Perhaps solution could be found in custom script. Will explore this further.

Meanwhile another issue that I am grappling with is to maintain a particular number format for external serial number of a component. I am able to achieve this through validation mask maintenance for Data to collect at assembly. can this also work through DC collect? In DC maintenance, length is not enough to take the mask validation I defined.

Also is it possible to have a check on duplicate external number already recorded for a component or an operation?

Regards,

Srinivas