cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The old support systems fade a way - can anyone assist in transfer to the new ones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have found myself in a weird situation when on the one hand I am still entrusted with supporting the old SAP/Sybase customers (including major financial institutions), while on the other, the information base / access to cases / access to EBFs is being gradually clipped away.

I would really appreciate if anyone would assist me in getting transferred to the new support systems. 

This is the only message I have received:

Dear Sybase Business Partner

If you are an existing Sybase business partner with a Sybase contract that is valid beyond 2013, and you are currently providing Sybase support to end customers, it is important to note the following:

During the course of 2014, all legacy systems from Sybase, an SAP® company, will be retired, including the Sybase support tools* atwww.sybase.com/support. The new destination for all your support needs is the Sybase Support area on the SAP Support Portal. Here you will find:

·         xSearch: Technical documents, knowledge base articles (KBAs), and solved cases

·         Software downloads: Full releases and maintenance releases

·         License keys: Activation of Sybase products

·         Incident management: Ability to create support incidents (cases)

Get started at service.sap.com/sybase/support:

·         Check out the frequently asked questions

·         Register for a personalized support portal demo

If you don’t have an SAP S-User to access to SAP Support Portal, please request here: Request S-User.

I am sorry, it is not clear how to follow the instructions.  I wonder why at all the transfer should be so bulky.  I would appreciate if someone at SAP would orchestrate this thing and transfer the old partners smoothly to the new systems (i.e, would send them the new credentials and the new access points).  This is all after all for the benefit of our mutual customers and out common software.

Anyone may pick up the thread and solve things out?  Pablo?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prohan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

It was great to be able to follow up with you in person on the post above.

The details of Susers and others relevant data for the SAP should be posted as the data moves from one system to another.  This process is under way, SAP are trying to maintain the integrity of the data and ensure the experience remains optinmal in the SAP systems.

There will be changes to systems of course as the infrastructure moves from Syabse to SAP and furthermore there will be changes to what access can or cannot be granted to data held in SAP systems.

The old systems will be retired, this is currently scheduled for the end of Q1 2014. More information will be coming in the very near future for all partners currently delivering support including the territory and country distributors.

Access should still be available to all of the legacy Sybase infrastructure including via the VPN connection until the end of this quarter (recently a downtime was encountered).

As you mention it is SAP's intention to ensure a consistant experience to ensure that all software consumers continue to have a seamless experience.

Please keep your eyes peeled for further information.

Thanks,

Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last I have received the suser (S0011657985) but...

for some reason only a small portion of licenses has been transferred to the new system - the most are still on the old.   It took me a while to understand where all the licenses for the client I work for have disappeared + my name for some reason has been blotched - without an ability to set it right on the administration page + no old cases could be found through the new support site.

Can anyone assist me on this (migrating all the licenses into the space on SAP support site & fixing the user name + getting access to customer cases)?

Thanks