cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infomaker Dead??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Infomaker 12.5.2

We just had a customer of ours call Sybase to get support for the Infomaker product and they told them it is no longer supported.  What??  This is how our customers are able to customize their reports in our product!  Is this true?  If so then what is the plan for users to customize reports?  I sure hope SAP is not thinking that they will purchase a copy of PB because the price tag for that compared to what they use it for (rearranging columns on the DW) is not going to fly.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Chris Craft

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I just noticed at the Charlotte, North Carolina PB (NCPBUG) Conference on Thur March 5 there is a 90 minute training session for "PB & Infomaker".  So it must still be alive!  I sure hope it continues as a separate licensing option and is easy to deploy.  It was/is part of a great solution for end clients to do ad-hoc reporting.  As you know, datawindow objects could be exported and imported from the application to end user and vise versa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am putting on that training session, and I can assure you that isn't related to the future of IM unfortunately.  Since I am unable to get into the PB15 Beta, that session will be taught using 12.5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Calvin;

See you there in Charlotte NC in March!

I'm in the same boat for my presentations as well. They will be focused around PB 12/12.5 like you because we ( us independent consultants ) are shut out of the PB 15 beta!  

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chris

InfoMaker will be delivered with v15, If you can email me with details, I can make sure that I clear up any confusion internally. Pricing is not yet set for v15, so it could simply be that as IM or PB are not yet on the price book, they assumed it wouldn't be sold.

Sorry for confusion - send me an email please sue.dunnell@sap.com

Best regards

Sue

Former Member
0 Kudos

InfoMaker is included in the PB15 Beta.  So I would expect it to continue.

Perhaps the issue is that SAP is still trying to get it and PB into their supply chain or they are changing the licensing method.

Randy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if it's available yet but Enable was developing a new report maker product:

http://pb-central.novalys.net/index.php/fr/powerbuilder-news-blog/item/430-a-new-report-maker-for-po...

Maybe that could be your alternative for future releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Customers with support certainly can still open cases/incidents for InfoMaker. Could you share more details?

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply John.  The customer is gone for the day but from my understanding they said the person they talked to mentioned the produict has been sun set so no more support is available.  I will try and get the details from the customer tomorrow.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Customer has stated that when they called in regarding Infomaker they were told that the product is no longer being supported and they could not create a new support contract.

So, if users can only get support if they had a previous support contract that tells me they are not planning on selling and supporting Infomaker any longer as well.

Is there someone I need to be talking to in regards to this?  This will definately be an issue for us as well as our customers.

Chris