cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set default printer to specific transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

When printing documents we usually print from the local printer in the office. However, when printing specific documents we want them to print over at the warehouse.

Is it possible to set a default printer to specific transactions?

We are running EPR 6.0 EHP5

SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP2

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

As far as I know the printers cannot be assigned to transactions but if these transactions are executed under a specific user then you can change the default printer of that user using Tx SU01 - Defaults.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I kind of figured so.

Here is another variation of the question.

When our maintenance department approves an Order, they were told that it could be set up to print a pick list at the warehouse.

Any idea about this?

Thanks

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No idea,.

Check with the developers for possible solutions.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel

Default printers can be set at user specific level under the user parameter - Defaults.

This would mean that whenever the user wants to print any SAP document , it will go to the mentioned default printer ..

At the Program level - please see this thread talking about a similar issue

Regarding your second query , as mentioned by RB , looks like automatic printing needs to be set up and your ABAP team should be able to help with that with some settings for Output Immediately..

Thanks

Rishi

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should also be able to accomplish this via condition rules within various transactions; for example my Order to Cash team has rules setup for CSRs to automatically print to defined printers in other locations based on the location code of the invoice or other related site specific information.