cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different calendars needed for different routes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are defining routes based on shipping conditions, transportation groups and the zones. The same plant will ship by different routes, of course, but our shipping conditions are defined for the mode that will be used (LTL, FTL etc) - LTL & FTL use different calendars i.e. 5 day and 7 day. Can different calendars be defined for the same plant for different routes in the route set up?

If so, where will the other config. be that allows different calendars for the same plant?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The calendar can be defined for Route - it impacts transportation duration, separate calendar can be assigned to shipping point (will impact goods issue date)

So you have full flexibility on where to assign your calendars.

All this is done in IMG. (check in Sales and Distribution -> Basic functions ->...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Siarhei,

Just another related question - can I set up any number of calendars and use them freely as required or do they need to be attached to the company code or country or something to make them work?

I didn't find a clear explanation so will ask this in numbers - if my route has a transit time of 20 days and I use a 7 day calendar in it (Sat & Sun business days) - will it take the ATP date as MAD+any other times defined (assume them as 0) and 20, i.e. if MAD = Jan 1 and transit time = 20 days with 7 day calendar, the delivery date will become Jan 21? And with a 5 day calendar, it will be Jan 29?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, assuming that you don't have Lead time set at document type level.

Some more parameters that could affect:

Pick/pack time (assigned to shipping point, route, weight group) and the loading time (based on shipping point, route and loading group) are considered to determine the material availability date and the loading date respectively.

Transportation lead time and the transit time are taken into consideration (these two are assigned to a route along with the calender) to determine the transportation planning date and the goods issue date respectively.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you're saying the GI date is actually the 21st or 29th? Aren't these dates the dates the customer receives delivery as per ATP and should show up as the delivery date on the order to confirm to the customer? I thought the GI date would be the date when the shipment leaves our premises i.e. all dates taken but before the route time is taken into consideration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

GI Date fall before those dates. Yes, those dates are the dates the customer receives the delivery and will show up in the order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I understood it, I guess I got lost on this one:

<i>

Transportation lead time and the transit time are taken into consideration (these two are assigned to a route along with the calender) to determine the transportation planning date and the goods issue date respectively.</i>

From your statement, it appears the transit time decides the GI date - why should that be? Considering that the GI is done after or at the time the shipment leaves our premises and the transit time clock starts only at that time (i.e. when it leaves the premises), why should the transit time have any effect on the GI date?