cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interim storage 901

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

Please i want to ask what can make interim area 901 be in negative in LX02.

I don't make any manual To and i detect -ve stock in interim 901 after receiving stock with reference to order.

What can make stock being in negative sign in interim 901.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this happens if customizing allows negative stock

and one removes more than received into that storage type.

Usually happens that a GR is posted and the transfer request is converted into a TO and the stock got moved from 901 to the final bin.

After this the GR was either partially cancelled, or completely cancelled and reposted with a lower quantity.

the dynamic bin number of the negative quant should tell you the origin, then just lookup MB51 to see what was posted in inventory management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jurgen ..

thanks for your quick reply.

I don't allow negative stock for inventory.

do you mean negative stock of interim area.

As i know as sap standard it's not recommended to disallow negative stock for interim

What's the best solution to restrict negative stock in iterim?

thank you so much

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should certainly not be restricted in any interim storage type, but in some it is possible, eg. in 916.

Still you should have a strong knowledge about the technical processes and the customizing in the WM system and of course about the physical processes and the habit of some users.

If you restrict 901 e.g., then you can only cancel a receipt if the goods have not yet been put away.

If you are using dynamic bins, you have to know that  it is not possible with a manual TO and movement 999 to create this dynamic bin again. Hence you are not able to cancel the receipt at any time after a put away.

the best way is always a good education of all users who post documents that receive or remove inventory via these interim storage types.

What did you see in MB51?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's only goods receipt with reference to order.