cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: CMS Operation timed out after 9 minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

would like to check if anyone has some experience with following error message  "CMS server operation timed out afer 9 minutes" shown on SAP Mobile app, when loging into the server.

We have recently faced slower and random loggings, but for last couple of weeks we get only this error message.

Thanks for helping me to understand the cause of this issue and best resolution.

New version of SAP Mobile app have not resolved it.

Regards, František

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message means that on the backend CMS server query to CMS DB has timed out after reaching default 9 minute timeout.

It might be due to CMS DB performance issues or connectivity from BOE server to the CMS DB etc...
Or you have created very complicated security and/or folder structure and this makes CMS form complex queries which time out.

You can trace CMS server and see which query times out and figure out why.
Another possibility is a bug in the mobile app which creates un-needed complex sql during your login that makes CMS timeout.
So, trace mobile app and CMS server and provide traces to SAP via support Incident and they should be able to figure out why this is happening.

p.s.

When you login into BOE from any tool (Mobile app, BOE clients, BILaunchpad etc...) - user security and access is calculated via queries to CMS DB. It appear this is where your problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of mobile app you are in ( is it 5.1 which was released yesterday) ..

I am facing unusually long load time to run a report using the 5.1 version as well..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having now 5.1.6, but the issue was there already in 5.0.13, the yesterday new version has not resolved it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems the issue is that the report is timing out while querying the db.

Can you check if this happens for reports based on efahion universe. i.e default universes.

Or , it is only with reports getting lot of data

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul, the error message appears on ipad even before i can see the list of the reports, so right after (well after 9 minutes) i do tap on Connect and type in my password, tap on ok.

Strenge thing is that there has not been any chagne in nubmer of reports (only 4 relatively simple ones), their design or content.

Hope that helps more in the explanation of the error.

Thanks for help, Františej