cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link between Hours in CATS and Billing Item

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm a BW developer that have a interesting problem at one of my customers site.

They want to have a report that joins Hours registered in CATS with the Hours that is placed on a Billing Item.

--> They want to see if any hours are dissapearing between registered hours and billed hours.

I have found one link that can be used and this is the link found in the following tables:

• VBRP - Billing Document: Item Data
  • AD01DLIEF - DI flow: Individual flow
  • AD01DLI - Dynamic items (DI)
  • COEP - CO Object: Line Items (by Period)
  • COBK - CO Object: Document Header
  • CATSDB - CATS: Database Table for Time Sheet

Please see attached document: SAP Join - CATS vs. Billing for join between tables.

This join gives me ad-hoch hours registered towards customers.

These hours will always create a new SD/SD Item and therefore will they be possible to trace back from a Billing Item, via Sales Order Item, via CO Reference to the CATSBELNR.

But what I need to also find is the link between hours registered on projects towards a customer. What characterices the Billing Items that is created towards this project and customer, is that all Billing Items is linked toward the same Sales Order Item. This means that there is no direct link between Billing Item --> Sales Order item --> CO Reference and the CATSBELNR.

Do anybody know how I can find the link between CATS hours and what is put on the Billing Item?

--> for the case described above?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I know this is an old post but since this is un-answered, I would like to offer a few tips.

There is a function module where you can derive the document flow of Time Records. use function module CATSXT_FUP_CATS_FLOW_INFO_GET. My client is currently using Resource Related Billing and this function module was very helpful to derive the billing document of a time record and the billed amount.

You can also view table VBRP_VRPMA which stores the details although you need CATSCOSUM table to derive the link between CO and CATS. However, CATSCOSUM is only activated when you use CO summarization.

Hoe this helps.

Ria

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

don't you have on the billing items the reference to the WBS element? (field VBRP-PS_PSP_PNR)

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi,

The Billing Item have the WBS Element on it, but a WBS can be used for multiple Billing Items and on multiple CATS entries.

What I want is a 1:1 link between Hours registered in CATS and Hours on a Billing Item.

For instance, if 5 hours has been registered in CATS on the 7.1.2014 on Customer X on WBS Y, I want to be able to find and link these hours on the Invoice (Billing Item) that is sent to Customer X for January.

If for some reason only 3 hours is sent to the customer on the Invoice for January, I want to identify that the difference is 2 hours.

Is there any way to find this 1:1 link?

Is there any way to identify which employee that has worked hours put on a Biling Item?

regards

Oddmar

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in your scenario is billing item created only through Resource related billing? (transaction DP90)

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi,

A quick summary of their billing process is as follow (I'm not well known within SD and Billing):

-Hours is registered in the MySAP Portal

-Hours is then written to CATSDB table

-The hours are then approved by the KAM (Key Account Manager) through a custom extractor (ZKAM_HOURD)

-And then they are converted into a Sales Document and A Billing Document and found in VF04

After some more investigation I think the Link I have found above might be relevant for most of the Billing Items that is created based on CATS entries.

Do you or anybody else know if the link will be usefull for all Billing Items created, or will there be some items where this link is not valid?

regards

Oddmar