cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Process Chains set as $TMP and won't Transport?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In APO, I have used the copy wizard in RSPC to create an copy of an existing process chain in our DEV environment. I then made changes and added steps and expected the 'create transport' prompt but nothing has happened.

I cannot add this new chain to a transport as I think it is only saved locally as $TMP.

Does anyone know why I have not received the prompt and how I can get the new chain added to a transport?

SSB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you go to RSA1 and check the Chageability settings for Transports for RSPC:

RSA1 -> Goto -> Transport Connection

Click on "Object Changeability" then scroll down to RSPC in the list

There should be one of three options on the right - I'm guessing yours is set to "Everything Changeable" which means that no transports will be raised for any changes to a Process Chain.

Regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SSB,

It is correctly mentioned by Ian,  using RSA1 -> Transport Connection -> Selecting the Object Type of Process Chain (RSPC) to create the transport.

I am trying to detail about small issue which needs to be taken care while creating the transport for process chain.

As process chain in APO can contain various steps like -Infopackages, DTP, macro jobs, Program variants etc. Many times, all other objects are already transported to target system or part of another transport and you do not want to resend or include these objects again in your transport for process chain. 

You can avoid this unnecessary objects by clicking in Grouping > Data flow before & Data Flow After . For example you already have infopackages in your target system but not process chains & you only want to transport only process chain without any other objects like Data Transformation or infopackages . You can choose before or after option

Also right pane of screen next to "Grouping" button, you have button with a name package, you can use this button to add objects into correct package name.  I think $TMP which you have mentioned is local package.

Another suggestion, while Creating the TR some objects may be in use or locked in other TR so first release them by using Tcode Se03 ,using Unlock Objects (Expert Tool) option.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare