cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the field for which the F4 help is triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I am using the same WebDynpro Component for providing the value help for different fields in the FPM Forms.

I need to identify the field name for which the F4 help is triggered. I am using the standard WDA component 'IWD_VALUE_HELP' in my WDA component.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Please refer the standard component WDR_TEST_APPLDEF_VH1 which implements IWD_VALUE_HELP.

It has attribute VALUE_HELP_LISTENER of type IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER in component controller.

You can get the attribute name for which F4 is triggered as below

WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->VALUE_HELP_LISTENER->IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER~F4_ATTRIBUTE_INFO-NAME

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can create an attribute in the componenet controller of type ref to  IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER  in the search help component.

All the detsils i.e from which attribute the F4 has called can be fetched from the atrribute F4_ATTRIBUTE_INFO of interface IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Inder

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the event handler method for VH_WINDOW_OPENED event of Value help, create an importing parameter ( say ATTR_INFO) of type WDR_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE_INFO

Now the field 'NAME' of the importing parameter ATTR_INFO ( ATTR_INFO-NAME) will have the name of context attribute for which the F4 is opened.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran