cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Cache COM error 41

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are unable to load data in SNP planning book for some specific product-location combinations, with error –“COM routines call with system error 41 in live Cache”. We checked relevant OSS notes 1144398 and 1147423 but we are at higher service pack level and hence those notes are not applicable to us.

Moreover,we are able to load data for that location-product in another planning book.

Has anyone faced similar situation in past so that we can connect further for more information?

Many thanks,

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Completely agree with Dogboy - for a planning area with timeseries data that is already initialised, by default the start and end dates are taken from that initialised dataset. But it can be overwritten by any suitable dates. However depending on the storage bucket profile settings you may have to put end date such that it matches with the end date of the smallest bucket. For example if storage bucket profile is in weeks then entrering a Thursday date would by default move to corresponding Sunday (end of weekly bucket) date.

On another note - if the Time Internal not valid issue is coming in only one planning book and not the others can you check

a) If its assigned to different planning area than that works

b) If same planning area, check the characteristics assigned to the planning book that is not working

Is it possible to use some characteristics for which the keyfigures are not relevant? This happens in SNP but not in case of DP Planning Area Books.

Regards,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have investigated the issue a bit ahead and found that while initialising planning area with time interval from current year to X year , we receive an error -" To date must be earlier than or equal to Y date".

Upon checking this program - /sapapo/ts_parea_initialize we found that this Y date is being populated from one constant that has been declared in the include program.

So just wanted to know is it possible to change this constant value on our own in the program. Also please let us know if there are any adverse impacts upon changing the constant value.

Hope my query is clear.

Thanks,

Aditi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditi,

???  The input screen of /sapapo/ts_parea_initialize allows you to enter any logical dates.  When run in batch, it is common to run this program with date variables in the variants.  If you use TVARVC, you should update these entries regularly.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, COM error 41 means "Invalid Time Interval" (INVALID_TIME_INTERVAL). It happens when a time interval specified when calling liveCache is invalid, usually because the start time is greater than the end time. This generally comes from incorrect parameter passed from application to liveCache.

Is the working planning book based on the same planning area as the non-working planning book? If yes, planning area initialization and consistency check should not help. In this case, I suggest you to check the difference of macros between the two planning books.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditi,

I suggest you to run following programs to resolve this issue.

1.  /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE  (Planning Area Initialization)
2.  /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK (Planning Area Consistency Check).

Recently I had run these program to resolve similar error -->  "COM routine error using application program"

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for you reply.

In our case, we are able to load the data in other planning books for the same product -location but its not working in one perticular planning book/selection profile.

I ran both the programs mentioned by you but its still not working.

1.  /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_INITIALIZE  (Planning Area Initialization)
2.  /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK (Planning Area Consistency Check).

Please let me know if you have any other information on it.

thanks,

Aditi

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditi,

Here are a few more programs which checks/resolves inconsistencies and am expecting it should help you. 

1)  /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG - To check LiveCache time series Master Data

2)  /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG_SNP   Master Data Consistency Check for liveCache Time Series in SNP

3)  Also try to run /SAPAPO/ADMIN_MVIEW_CONS_CHECK program which checks time buckets profiles, macro books, key figures, characteristics and key figure descriptions.

4)  Also please ensure you have no livecache/database inconsistencies by running /SAPAPO/OM17

5)  Please check if below SAP Notes are relevant to your SCM system.

1144398  - Interactive planning: Future period without working day

1147423  - Interactive Planning: Grid display invalid (history shown)        

Hope this will help you.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditi,

It looks like this has got something to do with time series of the planning book. Error code 41 says the error as "Invalid time interval". You can see the same in transaction code OM10.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for you reply.

In our case, we are able to load the data in other planning books for the same product -location but its not working in one perticular planning book/selection profile.

I checked in OM10 but it displays only the error details.

Please let me know if you have any other information on it.

Thanks,

Aditi