cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPMON - Availability of RFC connection status unidentified for Managed system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

The BPMON monitoring metric Availability of RFC connection is working fine for Solution Manager RFC's, but for the RFC's on the underlying managed system the status for the monitoring object stays in status unidentified. After I've activated the monitoring object there are a last run date & time, but nothing happens its stays grey.

We are on SP08 and the underlying managed system is a SRM system Basis release 731.

I've looked at the authorizations for the READ RFC user SM_<SID> and it seems fine, also there are no dumps in SOLMAN nor in the underlying managed system. I've also configured connection monitoring for the RFC that we need to monitor via BPMON and connection monitoring does not have any problems it works perfectly.

If anybody have any idea's it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Kobus Prinsloo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kobus,

In your monitor setup, can you check in the "Monitor schedule" tab if the option "

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001186112010E/Troubleshooting_for_BPMon.pdf

It is a bit old, but the principles are the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jolanta,

Thank you for the tips and for the troubleshooting guide. I've worked through the guide, but unfortunately still no luck. I did find in RZ20 on Solution Manager under BPM the following BORFCCON01   ( No value has yet been reported ), it seems that the collector is not running.

Is there a way to force a specify collector to run?

Best regards,

Kobus

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kobus,

Do you have issues with any other monitors on the same managed system? Or all the others are working fine. There is not really a possibility to  "trigger" the collector to run frequently, there is a possibility for a single run (usually used for test environments and debugging and rather complicated).

Are you receiving any information while generating/activating/deactivating the monitoring object?

Additionally could you just reload your monitors for this managed system, you can find it in "logical components" part.

Regards,

Jolanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jolanta,

Thank you. All the other monitoring objects are working fine and I have reloaded the monitors via solman_setup for the specific managed system. The only information I receive when I save/generate/deactivate/activate are successful, no warnings or errors. I've checked in transaction SLG1 like you suggested previously also no warnings or errors.

Solution Manager and the Managed system's ST-PI are on SP08 and ST-A/PI are on 01Q SP02. I went through the STEPS in SOLMAN_SETUP BPMON for the specific managed system yesterday again and saw that there is a note SAP Recommendation note that need to be implemented 1900144 - ST-A/PI Corrections for BPMon/Analytics 01Q SP2 (framework) not sure if it will resolve the issue, but I'm going to implement the note and let you know.

Best regards,

Kobus

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

If all the other monitors are working then it doesn't seem to be a general BPmon infrastructure problem, I think I'm left with just two ideas - one run report RTCCTOOL in the managed system and see if there are some notes or activations that are missing (it happened to me once that the reason for the issues was there) ; the second idea is authorization check - I know you mentioned that your user in the read connection has all the necessary auth in the managed system, but do you have a possibility to give it SAP_ALL just for a test for a limited time?

Regards,

Jolanta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jolanta,

Thank you!  I ran RTCCTOOL with the BPMON settings selected and all required notes are implemented, also check the actions for the add-on after upgrade and after add-on implementation in RTCCTOOL on the managed system and the results were No differences DB <-> DDIC found for servicetool tables, servicetool views and No analysis coding to be uncommented. Then I gave the READ RFC user SAP_ALL and updated the roles as per Note 1572183 and regenerated/deactivated/activated the monitoring object again, but still no luck.

Do you have any other ideas perhaps?

Best regards,

Kobus

jolanta_gniadek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kobus,

Sorry for a late reply, it was a very busy week for me.

I actually wondered about one more thing. I remember having problems with the monitoring of RFC connection that had small letters in the name. Could you take a look at your naming?

Best regards,

Jolanta

Answers (0)