cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Move changes from development to Quality through acitivities.

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

On checkin and activating  and releasing an activity of a particular DC ,the activities are coming to the import queue in the consolidation tab, we imported the activity , and import finished successfully ,but still the changes are not reflecting in  the application at quality EP, how to make those changes to get deployed to quality with out deploying the applictions through SDM , i.e only through importing activities.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure you have set up a Runtime System for the TEST (quality) system ?

You can do this in CMS -- Landscape Configurator -- Track Data tab -- Runtime Systems.

After importing to CONS, you also have to ASSEMBLE the software in the next step, and then once the assembly finished properly, the software shows up on the TEST tab. If you import on the test tab, then it gets deployed to the system you specified in the Runtime System configuration.

Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

In the path you had specified i can see Development , Consolidation ,Test and Production Check Box, in these development ,consolidation and Production are checked and Test is unchecked.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally people use the Test system when they refer to Quality system.

If it is unchecked, then check it in, specify the corresponding data accordingly, and then when you import to Test in CMS, your software will be deployed to that test system you specified in the RTS config.

Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In our case , they have configured the RTS for Consolidation and it is having hte quality host name and quality EP port . Now in this case in consolidation tab after importing acitivities related to a particular dc the changes are not reflecting and another issues is even though i had created seperated activity for each dc in consolidation tab im able to see like 3 diff activities are combined under single label

for example activity_dc1, activity_dc2 and activity_dc3......activity_dc10 are 10 different acitivities for 10 diff dcs, in consolidation i have 7 labels, like activity_dc1, .....activity_dc7, and last one as activity_8,activity_9and acitivty_10 are combined under same label seperated by comma.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use consolidation as quality, it is ok. Then of course we need to focus on the settings entered into the RTS config of cons.

First check whether cms can really contact the deployer specifed there.

You can do the test this way:

(NWDI)(CMS)Q0002 - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

If this does not help, then check:

whether the involved SC (in which the DCs/activites to be deployed are available) is marked as "Exclude from Deployment.

whether the "Disable Auto Deployment" is marked on the RTS config.

I cannot think of any reason if the change is not getting deployed, only as mentioned above. Let me summarite the above 3 points briefly:

1. the cms cannot connect to the deployer

2. the deployment is disabled on SC level

3. the deployment is disabled on RTS level

I hope this help.

Regards,

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

we tried your solution , the same is working when im creating a new DC and again if i check out the new dc after activating and importing at consolidation the changes are getting reflected in the qualtiy EP , but i have one dc named *******report it has used dcs which are in the same track , the changes are not reflecting for this *******report ... like should i try to import the activities of the used dcs also in that case ?

If i deploy explicitly through SDM the changes are getting reflected. Please suggest.

Regards

Govardan Raj

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

AND also for ****report we have one old activity created in jan 2012 unfortunately these were not imported in consolidation, now on importing that im getting import failed on seeing the log im getting the below error

error during loading of propagation request Exc=com.sap.cms.tcs.interfaces.exceptions.TCSFileNotFoundException: archive not found:

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*****epd00EPD/CMS/archives/*****.

com~AAAA_BBBBB_SC~EPD_******CMS_D~282 /

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMS*****epd00EPD/CMS/archives/*********.com#

AAAA_BBBBB_SC#EPD_******CMS_D#282

Answers (0)