SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain processing task list in POSDM

former_member199435
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can we maintain processing task list in POSDM? and how to maintain this list?

best regards,

Evans.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evan,

As per my understanding it is difficult to create task list like we have for all task in POSDM Workbench....

Alternatively to acheive the same you can create variant in pipe dispatcher  /n/posdw/pdis for all you relevant task which you want to process... Then simply you can process your transactions for that variant by calling that in /n/posdw/pdis in foreground/background....

Hope it help you....

Regards

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evan,

You can create background job for all the task you want to execute.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evan,

As per my understanding it is difficult to create task list like we have for all task in POSDM Workbench....

Alternatively to acheive the same you can create variant in pipe dispatcher  /n/posdw/pdis for all you relevant task which you want to process... Then simply you can process your transactions for that variant by calling that in /n/posdw/pdis in foreground/background....

Hope it help you....

Regards

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

0 Kudos

Hi Ajaya,

Yes, we can create our own list by using a Task group. Please see my reply to Evans. We did it in our last project as the client didn't want all the task to appear while processing transaction in foreground.

Of course, we have an option to choose our own task for background processing.

Regards,

Amit

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evans,

To maintain your own list of task, you have to follow the below steps.

In transaction /POSDW/IMG - Customizing POS Data Warehouse do following steps:

First define your Task Group first using path: POS Data Management -> POS Inbound Processing -> Tasks -> Define Task Group

Once you have group created, you can assign the desired task to your task group using path: POS Data Management -> POS Inbound Processing -> Tasks -> Assign Tasks to Task Group.

Here I am assuming you have a proper Profile type in place and in assigned to store (if you have store wise profiles).

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

former_member199435
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

Thanks for your support, I already solve this requirement, I've change "Type of Task" and re-logon system, it shows on my processing task(POSDM workbench) .

Other question, base on POSDM is a part of BW, can we use process chain to execute task by standard function?

0 Kudos

Hi Evans,

If you can give more details on "Process Chain" we can discuss more precisely.

In POS DM, it is possible to execute the task conditionally. For example, if you want to execute task B only if task A is successful. This is achievable by having the Rules where you can define the same.

Let us know in case any other concerns.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Evan,

You can include your ABAP report (which process the tasks in POSDM) in Process Chain to execute the tasks using Process chain

For example consider the following PC. In program you can pass the (pipe dispatcher) program which execute the tasks.

Thanks,

Vikrant.