cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP sender channel configuration query.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know many threads are there for this query, but I am not able to find the exact solution to my problem.

I want to pull the files which starts with A5_Work_Orders_* from SFTP server and I want to pull them from /5060/A5toSAP folder on SFTP server.

In the directory I have given  as ~/5060/A5SAP/

in the filename what details I should give so that it will pick all the files that starts with A5????

Also I have ticket the ASMA attributes and  I am using the namespace - http://sap.com/xi/XI/System and I have ticked the filename parameter.

Now my another query is I need to archive the files on PI server, so I have ticked the option and I want to archive the file as it is (with the same name)

so I have added only the archive name  - /A5/inbound/5060/A5toSAP/archive directoy. Do I need to enter any other details?

Please let me know on above points.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

in the filename what details I should give so that it will pick all the files that starts with A5????

With the SFTP sender the asterisk has to be put with scape characater. Try to put : A5.*\

so I have added only the archive name  - /A5/inbound/5060/A5toSAP/archive directoy. Do I need to enter any other details?

Try to use always absolute paths. Check this document

Regards.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Can you tell me how to give the absolute path?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You only need to put all the path from the root directory. If you have any exception, please let us to know in order to find the better solution.

Regards.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

The main issue is that the channel is not picking the files.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is there any error showing in the channel logs and try to ping SFTP server from PI and check whether your able to connect the SFTP server.

Thanks,

Satish.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul - AFAIK the regular expression is only for the filename but not for the directory.

Can you tell me how to give the absolute path?

If you have filezilla.. logon to the SFTP server and navigate to the source directory. copy the directory path and paste the same in source directory of the sender channel.

~/5060/A5SAP/ - not sure if you have given "~". If so it's not required.

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just A5. is enough to pick all file file with A5 name.

directory path you have mentioned is fine. Try above expression it will pull files.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

there is no errror on the channel, please I want to know the parameter which I need to put in the filename, also let me know which namespace I should use in the ASMA?

and I think ppl are getting confused in the directory.... I want to know the path that I should enter while archving the files on the PI server in AL11 direcoty.

Connections are fine becuase I am able to put the files on SFTP server in another interface.