cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Account details at the header are not flowing to the item level in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating a Shopping Cart, first I am specifying the cost assignment details (i.e., Cost Center, GL Account) in the header and then creating the line items for the shopping Cart.

While creating these line items, the cost center which is specified in the header is populated at the line item, but GL Account is blank.

I need to populate the same GL Account at each line item.

I checked the badi: <b>BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT</b> to populate the GL account for line items. But I am unable to determine this header GL Account in this badi.

Can anybody help me in this regard, <b>thanks in advance</b>.

Regards

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LOknath

FYI, SC does not have header data. What you see as header are user attribute defaults.

GL account is determined from IMG setting defined for Product category & account assignment category combination.

BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT populates at item level and that is correct behaviour. Why do you want at 'Header' level ?

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul & Ramki!

Yes, I understand these are user default attributes, however system provides the facility to put the GL at header level also - I know the item level GLs are decided as per the product category as setup in IMG.

Since we are not setting any default GLs as per product category in IMG hence it is flowing as blank in the item level - that is correct behaviour as far as standard SRM - however we want to make use of header GL data to flow as it is in the item level.

For this we are trying the BADI <b>BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT</b>, in this BADI, I am not seeing any header information.

Any help or clue for flowing header GL to different ITEMs in the shopping cart.

Thanks,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>The purpose of the BADI - BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT is to deal with Shopping cart - Item level data, there it contains only two tables

ITEM_DATA

This contains the most important item data for the shopping cart.

ACCT_DATA

This contains the account assignment data for the shopping cart item.</b>

<u>Here is the documentation.</u>

<b>BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT</b>

In the standard system, the G/L account is determined using the product category and the account assignment type, refer to Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category.

The G/L account is then placed in field ACCT_DATA-G_L_ACCT. Then, the system calls the Business Add-In BBP_DTERMINE_ACCT.

In method DETERMINE_ACCOUNT, two table parameters are available:

ITEM_DATA
This contains the most important item data for the shopping cart.
ACCT_DATA
This contains the account assignment data for the shopping cart item.
This means that you can now determine the G/L account irrespective of other item data (or any combination of item data) and overwrite field ACCT_DATA-G_L_ACCT.

Example
For the product category OFFICE SUPPLIES in conjunction with account assignment type CC (cost center), the system determines G/L account 400000. However, you also want to take into account the company code (field ITEM_DATA-CO_CODE) when determining the G/L account. The system is to make postings to G/L account 410000 for company code 0002. So you overwrite field ACCT_DATA-G_L_ACCT with 410000.

<u>I recommend, In future, Please read the relevant documetation of any of the BADIs in SE18 Transaction, before implemnting the same, to get the details.</u>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath

As I said earlier, SC does not have header data and hence you will not find Shopping cart BADIs having header structures. This BADI will not get any header data and it's so only.

The following could be a solution for you:

1) Let the user enter the GL acc in the 1st item.

2) Let BADI pick the data from the 1st line and copy in other items.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<b>Either you are not using this BADI correctly or there might be some problem in your Configuration settings.</b>

Anyways, please paste your code here for analysis.

<b>As far as other alternatives are concerned, you can use other BADIs using SE18 Transaction like

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI (for updating document changes)

BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI (for validation/customer messages)</b>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul