cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form Translation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Originally my Adobe form had all its translation maintained in target as well as Source Language.

Now my new requirement was to display logo dynamically according to the company code.

So for that I had written logic in the interface of the adobe form and called two variable globally in the adobe form.

In one variable the I was passing the binary values of Logo and in other variable I am passing image/bmp.

Now in adobe form I am creating a new Graphic in my main node.

In graphic properties I have made a change. In this there is a drop down saying Graphic content and graphic reference.

I have selected Graphic content. In graphic content I have passed binary values in the field and image/bmp in MIME type.

Now in the layout, originally the logo was getting displayed as Image.

But I have changed it into Image field and bind the graphic with this Image field.

Now I activate the adobe form. And see the translation. All the translation are removed.

Could you please tell me, what could be the root cause?

and what are teh things , we should take care of Adobe form translations.

Please reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Aneesh Menon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aneesh,

Incase you are using the Translations provided at the form level.

Then we need to pass the docparams-langu parameter with the desired language,only then we will be able to see the translations.

Regards,

Varun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your reply!

But whenever we are making any changes in the adobe form layout, all the existing Translations are getting affected (Getting removed). So what would be the reason for this??

even source and target translations are getting removed.

Regards,

Aneesh Menon

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have faced the same issue couple of times.

I could not pin point the exact reason but I always followed to translate the entire content at a single go with "Expand Tags-->save the translation--> activate the form--> later come out of sfp and execute the form.

This way the changed translations worked for me.But I could not get the reason behind this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun.

Issue is not with the translation. Translation are maintained properly and it was there for long time.

When we change the layout (not interface), and when we activate the adobe form layout, then translations are getting removed.

former_member183069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

Whenever your changing the layout then you have to translate it again,

The Translation will be depend on the original language, If you are changing the original language it will not reflect the same in the translation.

Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Long back in lot of laguages translation text are maintained in Adobe forms.. Now we have done a small changes in the layout, by adding one logo. So after activating this, all the translations got removed.

Is it a standard behaviour as per you??

Or

Is there any other solution?

Regards,

Aneesh

former_member183069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aneessh,

Check the language field you are passing correctly or not to in the Interfaced function module also check every where your fetching or displaying texts based on system  language.

Regards,

KK