cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Hierarchy structure in HANA possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Like Work Breakdown Structure Hierarchy(PRHI), we want to have something similar in HANA.

Question: Is it possible that multiple HANA views refer to some hierarchy table in HANA (like PRHI) for all its hierarchy requirements. Incase not, what should be the best alternative to get similar ERP hierarchies in HANA.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As per my knowledge for building any hierarchy, first we should know the order of the hierarchy and then built it in Attribute view like

POSNR->PSPHI->UP->DOWN->LEFT->RIGHT.

Then we can use this Attribute view in other Information views by joining to it.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks.

In this case I will create an attribute view using a self join and get my parent child relationship(simple example), and then in all my HANA views I need to consume this attribute view and create hierarchies.

Is there any other way to smartly implement hierarchies?

Regards,

RP

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I guess there are, but nothing in my mind as of now. Lets see what others suggest?

Regards

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Have you implemented the WBS hierarchy in HANA?

If yes then could you please share.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

This requirement has currently taken a backseat and hence not implemented yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd recommend using Data Services or another ETL tool to get a clean hierarchy table (i.e. parent-child or level hierarchy) that you can leverage for your reporting (i.e. either natively via hierarchies in Attribute/Calculation Views, or via navigation paths defined in your universe for relational sources).

In theory - you could write some SQL against PRHI (and probably PRPS) and use it to define your own custom hierarchy column view in SQL, but I'd recommend against this for many reasons - you won't (easily) know how "clean" your source hierarchy data (and hierarchies are very sensitive to "badly structured" data) and custom hierarchy column views aren't available as repository objects - making their maintenance and reusability quite complex and limited, respectively.

Former Member
0 Kudos

slightly OT:

if anything RPSCO should be the table to go after, but i'm not sure what the best selection of fields is and what other reference tables should come along with it to HANA.

thx,

gm

deepak_chodha
Explorer
0 Kudos