cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications regarding BPL execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have some basic doubts related to BPL processing.

1. Can we use BPL process for stand alone scrambling? If yes, may I know the step by step  process.

2. How to define the scrambling rule for BPL process. I understand that we can copy the existing scrambling rule form the work center. But any special requirements for that scrambling rule? like do we need to create the rule on the ROOT table of the BPL object?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Please find the answers below:

1. No , you cannot use BPL process for Standalone scrambling. However Scrambling is integrated as part of BPL process tree and this is an integrated scenario. For more details on the activities , you can check chapter 4 : Working with the BPL process tree under BPL How to guide at https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001109322011E

2. For scrambling, you have to make sure that the table fields that are involved in the rule that you use are transferred as part of the BPL transfer. For instance if you are scrambling ADRC , if this is not available as part of the delivered content, then you need to maintain customizing in BPL to transfer the same.

Once more creation of rule is based on your requirements, ADRC can be your root table (or) sub table, but the condition is it has to be trasferred by BPL.

Best Regards,

Uma Prabha Tharmarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Uma and Anita for replying to my queries.

As per my understanding, we cannot do the stand alone scrambling ( Solution type as "Stand-Alone Scrambling"). In such case, what is the alternative to do the scrambling of tables related to a process? My requirement is to scramble the BOMs - I have chosen BPL MATERIAL_BOM. In this BPL object, MAST is the root table.

Please let me know how to proceed further to scramble all the BOM related data.

Do we need to create a scrambling rule with MAST-MATNR?

Best Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

For BOM, there is no standard content. So you need to create the content for BOM as per your requirements.

If you could identify the table - fields that are related to BOM , you can use the same in your BPL project.

If you have already transferred the data, then you can use the same content and do a standalone scrambling in the system.

Best Regards,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

As per our system landscape, I can only do the stand-alone scrambling. Hence BPL process is not suitable. So I have tried to scramble through normal stand-alone scrambling and in the scramble rule, I gave the domain MATNR and root table as MARA-MATNR. But for some tables, the data was not scrambled. Not sure why..

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

If you want to scramble only MATNR , there is a SAP delivered rule Rule_Material_Number which you can use as a reference (or) you can use the same rule for Scrambling. This rule has extra domains like MATNR_EXT , MATNR_INT.

Also even after cross verifying with this rule, if yours is still not working please create a message in component CA-TDM-SCR and I will look into it.

Best Regards,

Uma Tharmarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Below are the answers:

1. Stand alone scrambling is the scrambling which you use to scramble the data in a particular system and the scrambled data reside in the same system (no data transfer happens at all). You can use the scrambling while data transfer for BPL package and the steps for this are similar to scrambling in a time based reduction package.

2. As mentioned above steps for scrambling in BPL are similar to the ERP time based reduction package so there are no special rules to consider. Just keep in mind that for maximum consistency in case of BPL SAP always recommend to use the scrambling for those objects where pre-delivered scrambling content is available and no other data is shipped along with them. Basically how scrambling works in BPL is that, first data selection happens and data is stored in a cluster and then scrambling happens on the contents of the cluster before data transfer.

You may refer to how to guides for more information on scrambling in BPL:

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001109322011E/BPLV3.pdf

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Anita