cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had experience in integrating SAP PS to Primavera P6 via Maxavera?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am after technical specifications of what is possible, experiences, user guides developed, configuration design etc.. - anything!

Best regards,

Albere Cohen PMP® accredited SAP Project System Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Albere,

I'm sure our colleagues at SAP would be eager to talk with you about integration tools they have for linking P6-PS.

Never used Maxavera before, though for what it's worth, SAP's own preferred integration "middleman" between P6 and PS is Enterprise Project Connector ("EPC", previously called "Confero").  I imagine they'd work the same way, at least in essence.

Some commentary on the functional stuff:

All I can say from past experience is that depending on how you want to integrate, and no matter your method of doing so, having two (or more) systems of record for different topics (i.e. Resource vs Cost vs. Schedule) will add a layer of complexity to your design from both a technical and business functional perspective.  Scheduled jobs to synch, business rules to maintain, and support tasks are the more common concerns with this kind of model. Of course, the end result is that this also leads to more business process and training for users to follow and the PMO to control.

Now if the integration is simply to "import" or "sync" data that's maintained in one platform with SAP (i.e., for ease of use to be created and maintained in one, then updated in another), then that's so much better than saying you'll maintain certain PM/PPM topics in different places.  One-way data loads are so much easier than two- or three- ways.

We PPM folk deal with this stuff all the time, with MS Project/Server sync and integration.  PMs always have a favored tool that helps them "create" schedules quicker, better, etc.  "Control at your fingertips."  Never mind that it's "offline".  Fortunately, native import/export is native functionality within PPM.  At least that's one more cost / asset the business wouldn't have to deal with - an integration layer to keep things in sync, that is.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your investigation.

Lawrence

former_member813805
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Could you please elaborate, what details you would like to know.