Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle Freight in Sales order

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have basic question.

We have condition types defined in Sales order for Freight Charges.

My requirement is that when a freight condition type lets say 'Zd00' is added while creating sales order. That means the cost of fright is to be bear by the company who creates a sales order; & the Freight company is going to charge us, for the transportation to deliver the material to our customer.

Once the material gets delivered to the customer, the Freight company come with the bill of lets say 200$ for that shipment.

Now when i raise the invoice in 'FB60' i want to relate that 200$ expense of freight with the sales order & the line item.

I dont have any field available when entering invoice in FB60  where i can define the sales order or line item.

May be i think my business process is wrong that i just defined, Requesting to please explain what is the SAP Standard business process for handling Freight in Sales Order.

Response will  Text Removed

Thanks

Anand

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please dont such text in your post

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, I would suggest you to go for Transportation Management concept. If you use this concept, the process flow will be as follows:

1. While creating sale order / delivery, you can enter the freight vendor in partner functions.

2. Create shipment document based on outbound delivery in VT01N. The vendor will be copied from sale order / delivery.

3. Create Shipment cost document in VI01. Here, the freight cost can be captured.

4. While saving the shipment cost document with "transfer button", service PO will be automatically created in background with accepted service entry sheet.

5. Create vendor invoice for freight vendor with respect to service PO.

6. SD process will follow as in normal case.

Refer the help document for more details: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LETRA/SDTRA.pdf

Regards,

AKPT

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

We have not implemented transport module in SAP. I tried to create one shipment from vt01n, but no configuration is done.

I feel there are 2 ways this can be solved:

1: Can you share the SAP Standard reference material that i can follow to understand & implement the BASIC Transportation module.

2: Is their any other way around ?

Thanks

Anand

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We came across the same requirement and we solved it through transportation module. It is comparatively easy to implement and a very powerful tool. You may refer the config guide G82

Regards,

AKPT

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

Can you let me know how to get the Config guide G82.

Thanks

Anand

Prasoon
Active Contributor
anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI AKPT,

Can you tell me how you find this configuration material.

Thanks

Anand

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, I have already implemented this solution, thats why I was crystal clear.

You can find the best practice documents from help.sap.com itself or directly search specific terms in google!!..

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Please if you all can share some basic steps/ configuration guide to implement transportation module will be helpful.

Thanks

Anand

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand, search for SCM 611 to get some idea.

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks!! Much needed this word..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The link between SD (sale order) and FI (payment) for the transporter is Transportation.  As already stated, unless you configure transportation in your system, it is not possible to capture SD reference in FI.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree to your perspective. Good points there.

Hopefully, that is the case for Anand -> He has to introduce the Basic Transportation Functionality. The way he is looking at this, it is probably wise to do so.

That being said, sometimes, people are reluctant to explore introducing the whole functionality as their needs might be more elementary. Of course, it always depends upon the type of business they are in too.

Ultimately, if he has to have his Financials reflect business realities he has to weight the following:

1. Capture the Revenue and Expenses and the Margins there of with proper system links;
  2. How much of Automation in postings he is looking for;
  3. Ease of reporting Freight related components from Pricing Perspective;
  4. Which Modules he is using today -> Is COPA being used for example;
  5. What component of cost is freight in an order in general - leads to prioritization;
  6. Etc.

Personally for me, I would be interested to see what he has to say.

You have a good one.

Thanks.

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi G Lakshmipathi,

Can you share some basic steps/ references that i need to follow inorder to implement Transportation module.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give me some clarification..

• If you wont charge the Freight from customer then why you want to enter in sales order. If it is for reporting purpose only then OK.
  • If you want to add freight charge in sales order you have to information about Freight charges generally who enter the sales order he has the information about the freight charges.
  • Did get the vendor PO after generate the final invoice.if you generate the final invoice you can not add freight charge in sales order.

This is standard practice.

If you clear me on above points you can get your solution.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Tell me if you are not able to find the optimal solution for your needs.

I can try to provide some insights here which may help.

Thanks.

anand_sagarsethi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DeeSea,

Since transportation module is to be implemented, if you can give me some basic guidelines or list down the basic steps that I have do in SPRO to configure the transportation module properly.

Thanks

Anand