cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting interactively and background in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a selection id (plant:X and PH: X1) and i choose a forecasting profile (strategy 35) interactively, executed the univariate forecast and saved the results in the planning book.My monthly stat fsct job runs with the selection for planning version 000 using strategy 11and all control parameters while defining activity is blank or not checked.

Will my stat forecast numbers genereated interacitively overwritten by the back ground job? Can i prevent this from happening.

Thanks

Giri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giri

I understand you want to know whether Statistical Forecast which was generated interactively gets overwritten by the background job if none of the Control Parameters are selected in Activity.

--->  My Answer is Yes, it will get overwritten. (You may want to run quick test yourself)

To prevent this I have following suggestion:

( 1 ) Use following step to add below parameter into your user profile:  System Menu --> User profile --> Own Data --> Parameters tab and add the following:
/SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS and Parameter value = X
OR
You can use Tcode : SU3 -> Go to Parameter Tab ->  to add the parameter.

This will help in assigning the generated selection profile to the selection id in interactive planning book. So user can update the forecast parameters as they want without overwriting the forecast profile as it will create new forecast profile. (GUID based)

( 2 ) Then Go to Interactive Demand Planning --> Settings --> Forecast Profile --> Assignments --> Select either

"Save assignment with unique forecast profile"  (referring this as Option-A)

OR

"Save assignment of selection for forecast profile" (referring this as Option-B)

For your scenario, both these option work fine.

Note - Forecast profile can get assigned to you selection PROVIDED you have Selection ID for your selection. You can see selection using "Display selections" option in Tcode: /SAPAPO/SDP_SEL. Check whether you have selection ID for your selection.

( 3 ) After you run the Statistical Forecast for your selection, You should be able to see Forecast profile assignment for your selection using Tcode: /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2.

Basically system assigns the forecast profile to your selection with a unique name(GUID profile if Option-A above). This has some advantage and disadvantage. You will get information on pros/cons in SAP F1 Help as well.

( 4 )  Below point is completely optional, it has no links to your problem. But it is helpful while running Statistical Forecast interactively in Planning Book.You can below parameter using Tcode: SU3 -> Go to Parameter Tab.

/SAPAPO/FCST_GREEN = P (This will take care - Forecast not Saved When Green Back Arrow Is Chosen)

( 5 ) You can refer this Consulting SAP note#350065 : User parameters in forecast environment   

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/350065

Hope this will help you.

Thank you
Satish Waghmare

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you use another Key Figure to save forecast results in the background? It can be defined in the maintain forecast profiles transaction.

Another option would be to use another version to save background forecast results.

Cheers,

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giri

As a good practice (According to The Rules of Engagement defined by SCN), If your problem is resolved then please mark question as "Answered". or Else let us know if you need any additional information. Awaiting for your action.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I fully respect The Rules of Engagement defined by SCN and would like to say that your answer was helpfull but it is not solving my problem.

Thanks

Giri

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Giri,

Whether you did the things which are mentioned in my earlier reply? What is the problem you are facing now?  May be Me or someone else can help you with your open query.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare