QM Tasklists

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question regarding task lists and inspection plans:

I have run QP06.

I have hundreds of material numbers shown from the execution. The messages are:

No Inspection Plan Available      and       No Task list usage available for inspection type XX

but..... when I go into QP02,,,  I see inspection type XX assigned and activated,

in MM02  I see Inspect w/tasklist activated

..... and when I manually create an insp. lot, it creates it....

My question, can you tell me why I'm getting these materials in a QP06 run and the materials look right in MM02, create and insp. lot, and activations ok?

Asked another way:

Can you explain the connection between QM tasklists and QM inspection plans?

Thanks

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll explain this in following manner for your understanding considering all the correct settings in Material master for a material 2801010003

1. Inspection type 01 and 89 are activated on this material.
  2. Usage defined in config settings are 5 and 9 for 01 and 89 respectively.
  3. Inspection plan is created for this material with the usage 5 (but not 9).
  4. Now when you run QP06, you will see this material with insp type 89 & usage 9. reason is no inspection plan is created for this material with usage 9. If you go for manual inspection lot creation with origin 89, you will get it with CRTD. But an inspection lot with 01 origin would come with REL status.
  5. Pl see below snap where material 2801010003 is there in QP06 with 89 & 9.

6. As soon as you make an inspection plan with usage 9 for this material, you won't see it in QP06.

This basically happens when you have activated different inspection types for a material (with different usage for each type) and do not create inspection plan for each usage and inspection type.

Your query for inspection plan and task list relation. You may assign different task list with different operations and further, different set of MIC all together in one inspection plan.

I hope I could explain the things in appropriate way for your understanding. If you have further queries, Pl come again.

ntn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Verrazano,

Inspection setup and Inspection plan are two different things and these are one of the Important Master Data required to maintain while setting up Quality inspection for any Material.

When MM02 settings are Ok, you have only finished "Inspection Setup" part and you still have to create "inspection Plan" (QP01) for the same material with right "Usage".

Do not get confused between Inspection Plan and Task lists. One or more task lists can be created in an inspection plan. Explore QP01.

Program Documentation for QP06 itself states

Short text

Missing/ Unusable Inspection Plans for Materials

Description

This report program creates a list of missing inspection plans for
materials.
Next, the system reads all QM inspection data in the material master records, that correspond to the selection criteria. Then it tries to find  inspection plans for the inspection types that are assigned to the materials.

When the list is printed out, the system differentiates between:

• No inspection plan for the material
  • No inspection plan for the entered inspection type (task list
    usage)
  • An inspection plan for the material and usage, but it has yet to be released
    due to its status

From this list, you can display the following:

• Material master record
  • Inspection plans
    You can only display inspection plans for those items
    for which the indicator that there is no inspection plan is not set.

Amol