Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermec device types for SAP Smart Forms

urszula1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Intermec printers are now certified through the SAP Printer Vendor program with Intermec device types for SAP Smart Forms. We have got PM4i printers in our company. We would like to use the SAP Smart Forms to create our labels and print them using the new device type YIM4-300. The print preview is available but unfortunately we are not getting any physical printout. We have changed the configuration of the printer and used Direct Protocol as the printer command language for test printing. The new output device was created with the device type YIM4-300 and the host spool access method U (Print using Berkley Protocol).

Now I had a colser look at "Installing and Configuring Intermec device types for SAP" under http://www.intermec.com/public-files/technology-briefs/en/SAP-Printing-TechBrief.pdf. In the chapter "Configuring an Intermec Output Device" in point 9 is described, which Host Spool Access Method are available methods for Intermec Device Types. The only methods that are mentioned there are:
F: Printing on Front End Computer, or
G: Front End Printing with Control Tech
In our system a Print Server manages the printing, so we should use the Host Spool Access Methods U (Print using Berkley Protocol) or S (Print using SAP Protocol).
Do the Intermec Device Types for SAP work with those Host Spool Access Methods?

How do we get a printout? Which steps should be done within SAP and how the printer should be configured (printer mode/printer command language)?

Thanks,

Urszula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Urszula,

The device types from Intermec will work with Access Method U or S also. The Access Method only refers to how the printer is connected to SAP. This is independent of the device type.

You need to follow the steps in the Intermec link "Installing and Configuring Intermec device types for SAP". i.e. You need to import the device types via transaction SPAD. You also need to install the ABAP transport as described in the document.

Then the Intermec device types should work fine with your Smart Forms.

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

urszula1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Aidan,

I already could print a few labels using Smartforms and the Access Methods S and U. Intermec SAP device types only support Direct Protocol. The Problem was that I didn't configure the network parameters (IP Address, Subnetmask, Default Router) of the printer for the Direct Protocol mode - I did it only for the IPL mode. Generally it is neccesery to configure the printer for every mode you want to use on your printer.

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Urszula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Urszula Martens,

we are using SAP with intermec pm 43 dpi 300 for QR code printing in Label.if we use DP driver, the result will be blank labels.

please help us to resolve this issue

Regards,

Vijayakumar

former_member183069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Urszula,

you need to design the label using the external software and you have to upload it to SAP as text object then you can print the same.

Refer the following links:

SAP Library - BC Style and Form Maintenance

Content Request

Intermec Global Alliance Partners | SAP Solutions | Intermec Strategic Alliances

also check SCN there are lot of related posts it may be usefull.

Regards,

KK

urszula1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Karthikeyan,

thank you for your helpful answers!

Regards,

Urszula