cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block sms and call service on android tablet afaria

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

just started working on afaria(afaria on android), facing difficulty while blocking email account.

Can affaria block messages and calls??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you mean by term blocking email account?

Are you looking for ISAPI filter feature? in that case you need to install ISAPI filter component.

You cant block SMS or Calls , however with TEM ( Telephone expense management ) you can monitor sms , incoming and outgoing calls , Internet and WiFi  data usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks chetan..

Can i block  internet browsers on android tablet using afaria??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do that , but blocking internet is only available for LG and SAMSUNG AES2 device.

Its not for generic android device eg(HCL, Reliance , Sony)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chetan i am using samsung device(afaria trial version) ,can you guide me how to block browsers as i am facing difficulty. In configuration which all changes do i need to make.

After applying policies from admin it takes  couple of hours for the changes to get reflected in device.    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not all samsung device are AES2 device , you need to first confirm the device is AES2 device.

Follow the step:

1. Download AES checker from play store , install and run the application.

2 . Application should indicate either AES2 version.

3. If device is AES2 you can perform the browser restriction policy.

4. Open afaria console . Create dynamic group .

5. Than click policy and create configuration policy for android.

6. Name the policy and click on samsung >> application policy.

7 . In application policy scroll down to ENABLE/DISABLE application.

8. Define the package name of application com.android.browser ( you can get the package name from the software inventory ).

9. name the package name select disable click the green button .and than. save the policy.

10. link the policy to the group .

11. create enrollment code for the android from enrollment policy .

12. DONE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close the discussion if your previous question has been answered .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After applying policies from admin it takes  couple of hours for the changes to get reflected on device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally it take few sec to reflect the policy on device , make sure your network connectivity speed between server and device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do i need GCM account ?? Will it help???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open new discussion for the same and close this discussion if your initial question has been answered.

GCM is required for sending notification for android device.

I believe you are working on Afaria trial cloud version? GCM is already configured for cloud version so is not required.

if you are working on ON premises afaria server than you will required to configure the GCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In afaria I have created a static group , earlier applied policies from admin to my android tablet and the policies were deployed . Now I am applying different policies but server log show following error:

ONS1025: Expected to notify the Client, "a1bc65a4181587fa" with Client GUID, "{5CC7130B-8E5A-3BFD-8C49-A95D711300CC}" at Address "10.17.3.236", but instead found the Client, "SAPAFARIA", with Client GUID, "{42853BF3-15FB-4C26-9A52-A588E0EB0087}" at that address. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heve opened a new discussion.. If u can please suggest  any  solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Close this discussion if it is resolved .

Answers (0)