Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing target system in Urgent Change task list

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I defined a Logical Component with 1 development system, 2 target systems and 1 production system. This logical component was selected in a maintenance project and change management activated. The maintenance cycle has a task list showing all 4 systems.

When I create an urgent change, the task list only has 3 systems, one of the target systems is missing. This is happening both when I create an urgent change task list directly from the maintenance cycle in transaction /TMWFLOW/MAINTINST and also when creating an urgent change from an RfC.

Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can get the 4 systems into my urgent change task list?

Kind regards,
Frans Lelieveld

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two things you can check here;

1. Does your systems tab in solar_project_admin look like this?

2. What is the result of Consistency Check in the Change Management tab?

Regards,

Vivek

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply. I will elaborate a bit more.

We have the following transport landscape:

The logical component looks like this:

Test is defined as a Single System (also tried target system but that didn't work either).

Check was done and resulted in all green (not surprising as I am able to create the mainenance cycle task list):

I can create Maintenance Cycle task list, which shows all 4 systems:

But when I create an urgent change cycle based on this maintenance cycle it only shows 3 systems, the single system is missing.

I hope you or somebody else has any idea what can be wrong.

Kind regards,

Frans

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can understand why, because Urgent change always takes the 'shortest' route available to production system.

The Client 403 (Single Test System) is this acting like a Pre Production System? If so, then maint tasklist sequencing is not right, since it is depecting following route (after the Production System)

SDD 400 > SDD401 >SDD402 >SDD 403

Why is this so?

For example, in my 4 system landscape design (XPL 100 > XPL 200 >XPL 300 >XPL400 ) i formed the transport routes like below;

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vivek

FransLelieveld
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. Just found that statement it takes shortest route. I build my landscape in a straight line now and that is working.

Is it right that both test systems show relevant for logon when change is only available on the 1st test system>

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know that you got a workaround.

Yes it is normal to show relevant for logon because for a Dev system Quality and Pre Prod are the target systems. This happens because Quality and Pre Prod are clubbed to common group called 'Test'.

DDD 100 - >        QQQ 200 -> RRR 300 ->    PPP 400

[Development] -> [           Test              ]  ->    [ Production]

Cheers,

Vivek

Answers (0)