cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC look UP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file to proxy scenario where I need to do a validation in the UDF of Message Mapping.

I need to access a table which is in the third party database .

Is there any document which elaborate step by step procedure to use JDBC Look Up.

If yes , then please give me the link .

I have searched in SCN . There are numerous links , but there are not clear to me .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das - You can find many thread on the same topic.

However step by step documentation @

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your version is 7.1 and above, you can use graphical jdbc lookup.. This can be used in the mapping.  Please search scn for the graphical jdbc lookup. if your version is older like 7.0 then you have to search in scn for the jdbc logic in UDF.  All the related links are pretty much available. If you don't find or having issues, Please elaborate your problems for more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apu Das,

I request you please search the SCN database on this topic you will get lot of information and blogs.

Regards

Raja

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Please check below steps:

1) Create a communication channel between PI and the database to connect to database.

2) Import the table data as External Definition.

3) In message mapping where this lookup is to be used select JDBC Lookup under Conversions and map

4) Double Click on JDBC Lookup

5) Select parameter and a database table (imported as the external definition). All the elements of the table will appear in the middle column. Select and move the input parameters to the left side column and the output parameters to the right side column. Click OK. 

6) Under message mapping go to signature tab and define the parameter as channel and category as JDBC Adapter Type. 

7) Under Operation mapping define the parameter & associate it with parameter defined in Message Mapping

and link : 

Defining JDBC Lookups Graphically - Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivas,

if you are copy and pasting others comments please mention their name.

i guess it is against forum rules.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1509181

Regards,

Muniyappan.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muniyappan..

I just copied the steps...

Will mention from next tym nwards...

Thanks,

Muniyappan