cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Situation: I have copy of SAP Solution Manager System which I am using as a Sandbox System to do Upgrade from 7 EHP1 to 7.1

By mistake I deleted a Type "I" RFC, now I am not able to create the Type I RFC

Can anybody provide a solution I was unable to find anything by myself on the Internet.

Help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aps,

pls check this links,

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

Regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos
Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

What is the name of the RFC ?

They are internal RFC's and are created automatically.

181591 - RFC destinations of type I. (internal connection)

Restart the system

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

The name of the RFC is "<sid>solman<SID>_00" and when I try to create the RFC the system tells me that "Not Possible: Internal Connections are being Generated"

I need this RFC as when I try to use the SUM to upgrade the Solution Manager the SUM gives me the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DDIC password does not work: RFC login to system <SID> ashost <sid>solsdbx nr 11 gwhost <sid>solsdbx gwservice sapgw11 failed with code 1 key RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE: LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with unicode ERROR connection to partner 'IP ADDRESS: 3311' broken TIME tue jan 7 10:35:14 2014 RELEASE 721 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 40 RC-6 MODULE gwxx.c LINE 646 DETAIL NilRead: P=IP Address:3311 ; L=IP ADDRESS:1535 SYSTEM CALL GwRead COUNTER 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

even thought the DDIC, OS Password  and DB Password are all correct.

Any help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Internal connection is nothing but NONE ( RFC for system itself ) RFC. this is default available for all system.

you are NOT required to create any such rfc like "<sid>solman<SID>_00" .  and the error for your case

DDIC password does not work

you should key in the DDIC password of client 000. are you able to loign client 000 with DDIC user?

Please update

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I checked with the Solution manager Production System and that RFC is present, so I thought that this might be the cause.

Also I am able to loginto the System using the DDIC user and the Password that I am entering in the SUM.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It looks like a Gateway issue.

Is it possible to restart the complete system ?

Also in what phase are you on SUM ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I have restarted the system as you suggested and it is working now. But Reagan, I am stuck at the Java Stack configuration step where the SUM is asking me for the following:

----------------------------------------------------

Password for Input OS service user credentials (WIN):

Can I reset this password, any help is appreciated as I do not know this password.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is it the sidadm user ?

You can reset the password. But make sure to update the password in all the services where this password is used.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I have done the changes after reporting the issue to SAP, I updated it using the services.msc and I got the JAVA Configuration step working and it has finished succesfully.

But Reagan I am stuck now at the ABAP step where one of the Support packs is not getting installed and the SUM is throwing me an error saying the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Severe error(s) occurred in phase PREP_EXTENSION/EHP_INCLUSION!

Last error code set: Disassembling patch queue failed rc = 3, reason = 'Error when creating cofile for transport request SAPK-1507KINSTPL'<br/> If you put new packages in the download directory, use option 'init' to upload them.

I know I am asking a lot of help, but help is really appreciated. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>If you put new packages in the download directory, use option 'init' to upload them

have you copied the SAPK-1507KINSTPL patch after you started the SUM? is this file part of you stack?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Severe error(s) occurred in phase PREP_EXTENSION/EHP_INCLUSION!

Last error code set: Disassembling patch queue failed rc = 3, reason = 'Error when creating cofile for transport request SAPK-1507KINSTPL'<br/> If you put new packages in the download directory, use option 'init' to upload them.

Check the reason why this failed in the log file at the OS level.

If the file is corrupted then download that file once again and put it in the installation directory and repeat the phase.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

It is resolved the eps/in directory was full that was the reson for tp throwing error.

Thanks, folks what would I do without SCN.

Keep up the good work, have a nice weekend