cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Test of RFC using program/script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As part of daily monitoring i need to check connection of multiple RFC in multiple STG and PRD systems.

Its hectic work. Is there any way to automate to check the " Connection and Authorization Test" of multiple RFC's at once?

I am aware of BDC using Excel macros but as per my knowledge BDC does not supports "TREE" structure which is available in SM59.

Any idea to automate this tedious job? All sort of ideas are welcome.

Regards,

SG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

try to use transaction SE30 and report program RSRFCCHK. There could be set the range of connections and checked them at one step.

Kamil

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

But that report will not provide the "Authorization test" option.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for the suggestion. The program is capable of checking only "Connection Test" and thats only for type 3 RFC's

Seems the ABAP program mentioned by you is capable for checking connection test for TYPE 3 RFC's.

When i am trying to check connection of type T(TCP/IP Connection) its not showing results. And in my environment most of RFC are of Type T (for integration with 3rd party tools).

Regards.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then comes to my mind trying to ask some ABAP developer to modify the program or write another one. It should not be so hard :c)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surojit,

I dont think running a script is a good option to check the connectivity.The disadvantage will be the size of the program. The reason is, the pre-processor will replace all the macros in the program by its real definition prior to the compilation process of the program.Therefore,it will make the program  unreadable.

I think you can make modifications in the code of Authorization object S_RFC_ADM.

Regards,

Nandan

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As far as I know it is not possible to automate this task.

Not sure whether it is possible to achieve this by creating some VBScript.

Regards

RB