cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Async Sync issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a async sync bridge using ccBPM in PI 7.3. I have a scenario invovling file rfc file. A file is picked from the local directory and is mapped to RFC and the response from ECC  is sent to another local directory using BPM.

I have referred some parts of these two blogs to create async sync bridge.

http://scn.sap.com/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

and http://www.riyaz.net/sap/a-step-by-step-guide-to-bpm-asynch-sync-bridge/170/ .

I created integration process properly but when i start the scenario by starting the file communication channel from runtime workbench. the message is picked from local directory  but I'm unable to fetch the details through the BAPI  "BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETDETAIL2". I 'm able to see only one message in sxmb_moni. there should be a total of four messages in SXMB_MONI. I'm not able to gauge which steps i have missed or where i'm going wrong. since it one successful message and that's it.

Let me know if you need any more information on this scenario.

Please help on this as I'm doing BPM for the first time.

Regards,

Amarnath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath

As Michal suggested this scenario can be implemented without BPM. However if you want go ahead with BPM for your learning then you might check the following

1. You have created the integration process as

receive step----> sync send step----async send step

for ID , you need to create 3 receiver determination, 3 interface determination , 2 receiver agreement

1 sender agreement.

As per your description, looks like your process instance has not started. Make sure you have used the correct interface in the receive step in BPM.

The first message in MONI will be adapter engine to process engine. Click on the process engine , it will take you to the BPM steps.That will also show you at which steps your flow has been stopped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created 3 RD,  3 ID, 2 RA, 1 SA.

I have used correct interface in the receive step in BPM. ( request message Abstract Asyncrous interface).

I don't understand why this process instance is not starting.

I have clicked on the process engine to find that the error is "permanent error in bpe inbound processing". Further to add to it i have checked default trace which says that "Trace Data Line Description - Error during start of process of type WS9XXXXXXX by message EF163502746DXXXXXXXXXXXXXX6"

What step do i need to perform to overcome this error.?

Please help.

Thanks

Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue is now resolved.
Messages were struck in the queue. Activated the queues.

Thanks everyone.

Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just when I thought that the issue is resolved. Now I'm again facing the issue for this scenario.

The xml  file from the local directory  with details of customer number goes into the BPM to fetch the details of the customer from ECC through the abstract asynchronous and abstract synchronous interfaces. However the issue i'm getting is the xml structure going into the BPM is losing a end tag somewhere, I'm not able to track where is this happening and hence the messages are failing.

As checked in sxmb_moni, the output message before entering bpm is in proper xml form.

The mapping error is "Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_Request_MM_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Document is not well-formed: Start-tag ~"

I have tried hard to know why is this happening all of a sudden but I'm not able to track. the messages remain struck in inbound queue. activating the queues is not working.

Please help.

Thanks

Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

Please check the source xml file, whether it is well formed or not. May be your source file is having the problem.Try to open the source file in browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

I have opened the source file successfully in the browser.

The source file is perfectly fine which can be seen in the moni as well . the output message of the source file before entering BPM is a well formed one. So i don't know what is causing the file to behave in this manner. where can i track this? The first message is successful and remaining three messages fail in sxmb_moni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> I have a scenario invovling file rfc file. A file is picked from the local directory and is mapped to RFC and the response from ECC  is sent to another local directory using BPM.

for this scanario you don't need a BPM at all - you can do it using adapter modules

please redesign the scenario without the BPM

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Using+Request+Response+Bean+Module+in+FILE+Adapter

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply.

I 'm looking forward to learn  BPM as I have never used it before, so i have created this scenario as my upcoming project involve using lot of BPM .

So I took a step in that direction  to learn BPM. I have done all the steps correctly. I'm not getting any error or indication in this scenario that where i'm going wrong.

Please give me your inputs on this. It will help me in understanding the working of BPM which will help me execute the scenarios involving BPM in future.

Thanks.

Regards,

Amarnath