Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retry mechanism for SAP MEINT Queue Monitor

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have confusion for Retry mechanism of SAP MEINT Queue Monitor. I know that for any failure message I can retry through the “Retry” event from Queue Monitor. But is it possible that system will retry automatically. Suppose suddenly SAP ECC went down and I want that MEINT will try automatically to push the message to SAP ECC based on the number of Retry value set.

I have tested one scenario but did not get positive result. I cut the SAP ECC connection (through JCO settings) in MEINT and sent some confirmation messages from SAP ME. I found those messages in MEINT Queue Monitor and after certain time interval all those messages were failed because of unavailability of JCO. Then I changed the JCO settings as it was previous. But MEINT did not retry those messages. Manually I have selected those messages and clicked Retry event and all messages became success. Is there any standard way available that scheduler will retry automatically (without putting those messages in Failed status through one try only)  if SAP ECC connection is not available? Currently I am not thinking for any customization in standard BLS if any standard way is available for the same.

I am using SAP MEINT 6.1.2.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

A failed message is to be "retried" during the next round of the scheduler. Of cause, Retry count in SAPMEINT Global Config should be more than 1.

There have been some recent changes to Retry which have a side-effect planned for fixing soon. So, your issue (if it is indeed as you describe) might have been introduced with those changes.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

In SAPMEINT Global Configuration the parameter for retry is "SAPMEINT_RETRY_RETENTION_PERIOD". But does the system retry for Failed mesages? What I have seen is that it retries for the messages with "RETRY" status not for "FAILED" message. So, here I think system needs to put the messages in "RETRY" status if SAP ECC connection is not available and scheduler will retry those messages based on retry count. Because there can be other reasons for message failure like as some field value missing or incorrect data.

Thanks in Advance

Chandan

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FAILED messages are not retried. The status of the message is determined based on response XSLT that is defined in each workflow.

Br.

KC