SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any program to update the budget after the budget update is activated in BCS Funds Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have activated the BCS Funds Management for our client. As a first step we have activated Account Assignment Derivation and unchecked the update in the configuration settings of Activate/DEactivate Funds Management. This is inorder to ensure first the derivation rules are working fine. We are planning to activate the update in another few days. My question is we are defining the budgets for the year wise and once the update is checked , we want the documents which got posted previously ( during the period where Account Assignment Derivation is active and update is deactivated) to consume the budget i.e. FM documents to be generated.

Please advise for this scenario is there any SAP standard program to update these documents or  how we need to proceed on this.

Thnak you.

Best Regards,

Rajesh.

1 REPLY 1

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not a standard approach. You can theoretically regenerate FM documents via FMN5N, FMN4N, FMN3N and FMN0 transactions, but this should be normally used as an excpetion and not as a rule. I would recommend activating FM update from the very first day. Of course, you might encounter some issues with FM assignment, but it would be much more efficient to analyze them, while FM update is active, than when it's idle.

Regards,

Eli