cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying scroll bar in web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

When scrolling in tables this is very annoying that we cant see the actual rows till we release the mouse.. is there any way to fix this beside giving "-1" in the "RowCount" property because when using trees for example the table jumps to the first row when expending a node. and its not very user friendly when the screen size is changing according the the row count when using trees....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bar,

For better performance, Web Dynpro uses server-side scrolling in tables. The new table rows aren't loaded until the user releases the scroll bar button and triggers a round trip to the server to fetch the new rows.

You can control the text that is displayed using the Table's SCROLL_TIP_PROVIDER aggregation, so instead of reading "Row 24 - 33 of 49" you could have it read something more informative. See the information on TableScrollTipProvider.

If it's really a problem, one option could be to revert to a paginator instead of the scroll bar. See information on the WDTABLENAVIGATION application parameter.

Cheers,

Amy

krishnadhuriya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amy!

I am unable to get paginators although I have assigned Paginator to the application parameter .

Can you just xplain me the exact steps for the same...

Thanks!

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, sorry Krishna, I found this bit of information in the Table documentation which explains that, as of NW 7.01, when Lightspeed rendering is enabled, the paginator setting is ignored and only the scrollbar is available.

Note

When the WDLIGHTSPEED parameter is activated in accessibility mode, paginators are not used any more. The corresponding application parameters for the paginator and accessibility mode are ignored.

In accessibility mode you can navigate in the table using the cursor keys.

See also OSS note 1107662 - Web Dynpro ABAP: Unified rendering light speed (7.01, 7.11).

I wouldn't recommend disabling Lightspeed in order to get the paginator back because that will cause performance issues in your applications. I'm afraid you are stuck with the scrollbar and its lazy-loading "feature".

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is the TableScrollTipProvider available for ALV?? how I can provide this?

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bar,

The feature isn't available currently for Configuring Scroll Bars in ALV.

Cheers,

Amy

krishnadhuriya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Amy!
The OSS note you provide requires authentication .
How can i get access .. Pls tell me asap.

Rgrds,

Krishna

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please contact your Basis team for assistance.

Cheers,

Amy