cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special characters in xml returned by abap proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m using abap proxy to connect with SAP and I have a problem with the xml that is returned. This message has some special characters like ‘<b>&</b>’ and due to this I have an error mapping.

I suppose that it is a problem in the adapter.

Can you help me with this issue?

Regards

Elsa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

in response to your questions:

<u><b>What exactly is the mapping error?</b></u>

In transaction SXMB_MONI I have the following error:

-

> A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'file:///D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Setti...

If I test my mapping with the xml message returned by SAP (via abap proxy) I have the following <b><u>parsing error</u></b>:

-

>...Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Entity Reference must end on ;(:main:, row:2, col:26482)

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Entity Reference must end on ;(:main:, row:2, col:26482)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.xparser.MTSaxHandler.run(MTSaxHandler.java:130)

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.xparser.XParser.run(XParser.java:68)

Root Cause:

com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.NestedSAXParserException: Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Entity Reference must end on ;(:main:, row:2, col:26482)(:main:, row=2, col=26482) -> com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Entity Reference must end on ;(:main:, row:2, col:26482) ...

-

> For instance, in the xml message, in short_text I have a <b>&</b> and not the escape:

<SHORT_TEXT>WHISKY J<b>&</b>B RARE 70CL</SHORT_TEXT>

The same example with escape

<SHORT_TEXT>WHISKY J<b>& amp ;</b>B RARE 70CL</SHORT_TEXT>

<u><b>What version has the application system where the proxy is running?</b></u>

Component SW -

Release----Support Package

SAP_BASIS--620--SAPKB62043

SAP_ABA -

620----SAPKA62043

SAP_APPL -

470----SAPKH47021

SAP_HR--470--SAPKE47017

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no 6.20 system for testing your scenario, but from your description I would say, it is a bug. In XI 3.0 the ABAP proxies do the escaping of & and other characters.

Send an OSS message.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly is the mapping error?

What version has the application system where the proxy is running?

Stefan