Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form: Page wise validation

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

my requirement is that some of the fields/tables should be printed on second page onwards and if line count exceeds then it goes to next page. How to give the page wise validation in the table.(Page break is not possible in my scenario)

Thanks with Regards,

Vallamuthu.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vallamuthu,

Page wise Validation has 2 cases.

1) For table data, if you want to validate all values, you need not handle page wise validation. Instead you can carry out field level validation. The validation will apply till the scope of sub form is over(i.e all the data in the sub form is processed. It doesn't matter how many body pages are created at run time).

2) For table data, if you want to validate the values depending on page attributes ( for example even and odd pages, you have to write a Javascript in Layout Ready Event. This code should get executed depending on the result of modulus operator.

For example,

1) Fetch current page.

2) Check whether it is even or odd page.

3) For example if it is even, execute the code. Else don't.

Note: Remember that the page index will start from 0. So if modulo result is 0, it is odd. If 1, it is even. So handle the code accordingly.

As you said that "Page break is not possible in my scenario". Two doubts arise here. Are you not able to provide page break or you do not need a page break?

If you are not able to provide a page break, then you might have designed the table in the master page. The table should be always in the design view(body page).

If you do not need a page break, then I don't think there is necessity of page validation for table data.

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

I yet to work in java. could you give the javascript for second point.

Kindly find below my layout. In this layout, If value is not there in any one of the line item then it'll be hide. In such cases, The item values are splietted(Marked in black color). I need to print two set of item values in single page.

Thanks with Regards,

Vallamuthu.M

Message was edited by: vallamuthu madheswaran

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vallamuthu,

This requirement you can handle using ABAP in Form Interface. No need to use Javascript. If there is no value for line item, then do not append the record in the table.

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

in the screen shot, the marked data is splited from first page. how to handle the page break with out using the page break option.

Thanks with Regards,

Vallamuthu M

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vallamuthu,

In the DATA sub form of the table, remove the check "Allow page breaks within content". Then it will not split into 2 pages.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vallamuthu,

Why don't you just create a subform round it and set a flag in the given data, what must be at one page together?

There are more than one way to develop a thing like that...

I mean, no pagebreak isn't possible, beause this just depends on the data.

Another solution:

There was endless paper some years ago printed by needles *just joking*

Regards

Florian

vallamuthu_madheswaran2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly find above my screen shot.

Thanks with Regards,

vallamuthu M