Sales org : 3000

Distribution channel : X1

Division :Y1

Material Master:

Material :M1

Sales Org: 3000

Distr. Chl :Y1

Material Group3 (MG3): 001

When we create sales order for the above sales area, the value of material group 001 (MG3) in the sales org view of material master will get updated in the additional data A in the sales order and this value is going to APO GATP for the sales order confirmation.

Requirement :

Instead of 001 (MG3 Value of sales org 3000 & distr.Chl Y1), we have to pass 005 (MG3 value of sales org 5000 & distr.Chl Y2) to APO GATP.

Proposed Solution : Modify the existing CIF to send 005 instead of 001

Can any one explain the steps on how to modify the CIF to send this value to APOGATP.

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya,

I guess, you have already got the solution, but you can read the below to get an idea of how this could be done in technical terms.

First of all, you need to ensure if you want the changed material group ( as per above example 005 ) to play a key role in determining anything during ATP check ( it can be RBA rules, Product Allocations etc.,). I mention this point because changing the material group in CIF only would not help you do this job fully since the changed value could only be using during BOP or iBOP execution in APO. However, during the Sales order create / change operations, you need to consider an another user exit to modify the material group.

So, in short you need to do two changes to achieve this

Step - (1) :- Use the user exit FV45VFZY_USEREXIT_CATALOG_VALU and make sure that you change the material group from 001 to 005 and modify the internal table US_CATALOGUE. Since, I assume that you would not want your design to hard code these material groups, I suggest you to design a z-table where you maintain the source material group and destination group and the code in this user exit should be written in such a way that whenever you see the material group as X, modify it as per the material group maintained across X, which could be Y ( maintained in the Z-table ).

Step - (2) :- Implement the same logic in the APO Outbound CIF user exit for Sales orders and ensure that you implement the logic in a similar way.

Both steps will ensure that your solution is complete.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

This requirement is for country specific, So if the ship to country is CH in the sales order (ship from US sales org) then we have to pass MG3 value 005 to APO GATP (maintained in the china sales org and Distr. Chl of material master).

If the value of MG3 is 005 then APO GATP should look for the available qty in the plant A4xx Sloc F1xx only. If the qty is available then it should update plant A4xx and Sloc F1xx in the sales order.

APO is ready to develop the rule based on MG3 value. Our requirement is to pass the MG3 value 005 to APO GATP.

We don't want to hard code any value in the program. If the ship to country is CH then CIF FM should take the MG3 value from table MVKE (By passing sales order material and sales org CH).

Pls let me know your thoughts on this and will you be able to provide me the CIF FM name and user exit (if it is available for this kind of scenarios).

Thanks in advance

Jay

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

I am not answering your query, but sharing with you a useful link to wiki page. This wiki page has a list of Useful BAPIs, User-exits, BADIs, Function Modules etc from APO and also contains link to various child pages on technical side of APO. You may want to refer this if not done already.

APO-Technical - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Other experts can definitely share if they have any input.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya Kodi,

As mentioned earlier, as a first step, you should use the user exit FV45VFZY_USEREXIT_CATALOG_VALU to read the current ship-to-party from the internal table US_CATALOGUE and if it fits the criteria mentioned by you update the record in the same internal table that has MATKL ( material group ) with 005.

The correct CIF user exit to be used to modify the material group of the sales document is the last possible exit that has been provided by SAP during CIF outbound process. In the exit EXIT_SAPLCSLS_002, you should do the modification in the internal table  CT_ATPFIELD. This internal table has all the relevant information. You can ask one of your developers to set an external break-point here and ask him/her to see the contents of the internal tables in this user exit

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya Kod,

Hope you were able to achieve the solution. As a best practice of using SCN forum, please close the open threads if it has been answered

Babu Kilari

Answers (0)