cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI track error

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing multiple issues with Track..While drill down we observed that...

1. In Track Data tab, Software Component and their usage dependencies are in grayed out, while I tried to click on 'synchronize SC Dependencies' button, the SC component turned into red and shown me message "SC dependencies are incompatible to SLD settings -manual adjustment necessary".

Component version in SLD for SAP_JTECHS, SAP_BUILDT,SAP_JEE is 6.4; I believe same version of components were placed in CMS inbox as well.

2. Later we tried to create new track by using above version usage dependencies, and while tried to save new track after adding SC giving below error.

CBS (URL http://********:59100/tc.CBS.Appl/archiveapi2/) communication exception: Invalid Response Code: (503) Service Unavailable. The requested URL was:"http://********:59100/CBSWebService/CBSHttpSOAP?style=rpc" (Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (503) Service Unavailable. The requested URL was:"http://***********:59100/CBSWebService/CBSHttpSOAP?style=rpc")

3. While I click on 'Update CMS' option, taking long hours and finally page getting expire or else giving timeout error.

Highly appreciate your valuable suggestions to fix the issue.

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

let's start with the question, what is the version of your NWDI ? Please let me know the release (i.e. 640/70X,71X,720, 730) as well as the SP version. If this is 640 then check the version of the SCs SAP_DEVINF and SAP_DEVINFF on the Component Info page. If this is higher than 640 then check the version of the SCs DI_CMS, DI_CBS, DI_DTR.

Then we can talk after this about the syncing issue.

Still let me point out couple of thoughts:

However if the usage dependencies are grayed out then I somehow feel your NWDI is 640 (or 700 lower than SP13). If so, then "do not worry" about the grayed out sync states. Indeed it is a bug, and the correct state can be displayed, once you pressed the button "synchronize SC dependencies". It will then show the state (with the lamps red, green, yellow) and in case you refresh the screen it becomes gray again as if the state could not be determined. Indeed it is misleading I know, but 640 is an ancient version like 8 years old and I am sure this won't be fixed any more. However if you know the above mentioned trick, then it should not be a problem. If the state is red, it means that certain dependencies were declared in SLD and not in CMS or vica versa. The easiest way to get rid of this problem is if you go to SLD software catalog, make sure you specified the correct build time dependencies, then go back to CMS, press Update CMS (I know this does not work for you at the moment, but these thoughts might be useful for others reading this post, and we come to your update cms problem as well soon) remove your product and simply re-add it there.

Please let me know the nwdi version.

Regarding the CBS problem, could you please make an attempt to restart CBS and then try again?

If this is 640/70X then you can do this using Visual Admin, you will find there a service called Component Build Service. If your NWDI is higher than 640/70X then you can do this in the NWA's "Start&Stop Applications".

Regarding the Update CMS problem, seeing the logs would be the most useful to find out the reason, I would not go into guessing.

You find the logs here if it is about 640/70X (for higher releases we only have defaultTrace):

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\applications\cms.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\sap.com\tc~dtr~enterpriseapp\dtr.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\services\tc.CBS.Service\cbs.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\defaultTrace.<n>.trc

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

We tried with "synchronize SC dependencies" option, hence SC's turned into RED and shown message "SC dependencies are incompatible to SLD settings -manual adjustment necessary".

I tried by deleting and adding SC to track then SCs truned into green. I tried to save track by selecting SAVE option in popup out of Save, Save & Restore, Cancel option. But failed to save as got below error.

Please find components versions -

SLD Comp Version-

CMS Comp Version-

Components Info-->

Appreciate your quick reply...

Thanks,

Ajay

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

definetely the first thing to be figured out what is wrong with the CBS.

I suggest you to

- reproduce the error

- check what errors can you see right after error reproduction in
-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\services\tc.CBS.Service\cbs.<n>.log

Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Thanks Ervin for quick reply.

I will update CBS log file. I hope you could observe differences in patch levels of usage dependencies even version is same..would it be a cause of this issue. Because if I click directly on "Synchronize SC dependencies" button SCs were turned into Red and showing error "SC dependencies are incompatible to SLD.....". If I delete and add SC to track SCs were turned into Green. My question here is how dependencies are behaving like this? Hope you got my point.

Thank you,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

As you said I did CBS service restart but same error. Please find log -

Error:

#1.#0003BAB1260800510000059A000052150004EF2F75BD6F83#1388887024693#

1. com.sap.cms.ui.landconf.LandConfController#sap.com/tc~wd~dispwda#com.sap.cms.ui.landconf.LandConfController#Administrator#79#

#n/a##ce9699b275aa11e386920003bab12608#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_19ID\#(J2EE918434600)ID0829823550DB10599336491642717121End.e0e17cc675a911e3a6290003bab12608##0#0

#Error#1#/Applications/CMS#Plain###CMSConfigurationException communication error:

Error during servlet communication / configuartion failed: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

1. ACCESS.ERROR: Authorization check for caller assignment to J2EE security role [sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld : LcrUser] referencing J2EE security role [SAP-J2EE-Engine : guests].

11:47:01:894 Debug Administrator SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_38 ~es.security.roles.SecurityRoleReference ACCESS.ERROR: Authorization check for caller assignment to J2EE security role [sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld : LcrUser] referencing J2EE security role [SAP-J2EE-Engine : guests].

[EXCEPTION]

Thanks,

Ajay

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering why is your SAPDEVINFF on SP19. It should be on SP25 like the rest of the core SCs like SAP-JEECORE. First please make sure that both the SCs SAPDEVINF and SAPDEVINFF have been raised to a consistent level (in your case 640 SP25).

Once you upgraded as I pointed out above and you still face problems let me know.

Please note that if your SP stack is inconsistent we cannot provide support and this can be a potential reason for the misbehaviour you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I passed your recommendation to basis, and what about SAP_BUILDT which was also in SP19..is it also to update..please suggest.

I will come back once I get update.

Thanks for your support.

Ajay.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, regarding SAP_BUILDT I am uncertain, because I don't remember how it behaves on 640 (frankly speaking it was really a long long time ago).

As of 700 definetely it has no deployable part, but on 640 I am not sure, meaning, if you can deploy it, rather deploy the SP25 version of it as well of course.

Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Now I am getting error while trying to import configuration as well as build errors.

NWDS version is 2.0.25

Thanks,

Ajay

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error is definetly not due to raising the nwdi version to a consistent level but due to any other reason, but without seeing more of your activities it'll be difficult to determine why that error is coming on your end at design time.

Please also note that the support of 640 ended in march 2013. I know this is not helping in your current problem but I wanted to make sure this is mentioned here for the sake of completeness.

Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your quick reply. Please confirm few things-

Are the dependencies are fine at build time in SLD to design time in CMS.

I am getting these errors while importing NWDI configuration itself.

Jar files also version depended if so where version of jars need to add. What are the ways to fix these errors.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Ajay

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the track setup seems fine to me.

There are couple of things to keep in mind in designing your development.

1. the version of nwdi does not count, it is only a framework, but the nwdi scas have to be of course on the same level like the rest of your scas on your engine (this is why we corrected it to sp25).

2. the SP version of the SCAs in the track must match to the version of the runtime system where you deploy (patch level does not count).

3. NWDS has to match as closest as possible to the version I mentioned in point 2.

Summarizing all this for your case:

- NWDS has to be 640 SP25

- the SCAs in the track has to be 640 SP25

- the SCAs on the engine where you deploy (Runtme systems) have to be SP25

- NWDI is fine to be on a different version.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)