cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the menu path of IMG :Materials Management -- > Inventory Management and Physical Inventory --- > Plant Parameters. There are many fields are there. Please help me to understand these fields to configure new Plant.

Thanks,

Jans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will be glad if you kindly elaborate and explain your sentence “There are some parameters which will be prerequisites to determine alternate application while processing by respective module”.

Because experts advise not to create new Plant but it is required in practice.

Thanks,

Jans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have copied the existing plant for my new Plant but even then this new Plant did not appear in the “Plant Parameter”.

My question is regarding the BOM Usage wherein I have set for SD01 but now if this same Plant is being used by PP how they will maintain BOM.

In that case a separate Plant is to be created for PP ?

Please help me to understand it.

Thanks,

Jans

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

BOM Application is just an indicator in which BOM should determine. Even if you enter SD01, PP can use the same plant for their application under OPL8 specific to order type

so even if you enter SD01 application, PP guys can use the same in their application.

There are some parameters which will be prerequisites to determine alternate application while processing by respective module

regards,

santosh

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

SAP Recommends not to create  Plant Manually. Best practise is to copy the existing plant and change the name

If you want to create Plant Parameters, you have to maintain some important fields such as

Create Storage location automatically

Delivery completed default: to set delivery completed status once MIGO created with reference to PO

BBD/Production Date: If this check is active, while create Goods receipt user must enter either shelf life expiry date or production date

BOM Usage: this indicator is used if you want Production BOM to be created

Stock Type: to carry out a physical inventory, what kind of stock has to be created, such as Unrestricted stock, sales order stock, blocked stock

Reservation: any goods movement is allowed for Reservation

Negative stock:

Hope it is clear

regards,

santosh