cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS HANA Instance failing to Activate documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

For over 24 hours now, I have been unable to Activate anything using HANA Studio in my AWS Instance. I can use the web server for activated documents, and I can open the Repository and System views and I can open and edit and save documents, BUT I cannot Activate anything, or even Cancel an Activation that is trying to run.

What could be the trouble? I tried also to update the Studio but was unable to reach the server from the internal update site.

How can I get this working again?

My Instance is

This is what I see effectively forever. It never goes above 0%.

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, just after I submitted the "complaint" above, everything is working once again.

Still - who do I contact about these types of failure on an Amazon Instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HANA on AWS doesn't have support - check the terms. If you gave HANA One Premium then you get Enterprise Support.

If you have a HANA dev/test/prod license then you get support from OSS.

Otherwise there is a peer support community here: SAP HANA One Support | SAP HANA

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is OSS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't run HANA with 4gb ram! Increase it to 16gb and you will be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John - ok. But how do I get my existing AWS Instance to increase to 16gb? Would I have to start clean and bring in the whole set of namespaces?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the machine type once you shut down the EC2 instance down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know how to do that. My instance is suspended. I can edit properties (of vistual machine) but I see no way to modify the size.

I see only this. Dropdowns have no other choices.

Do I need to come in some other way besides the url which I have? https://opensap.hana.ondemand.com/console/?mode=details

https://opensap.hana.ondemand.com/console/?mode=details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right - you showed us you Studio instance. Your HANA instance is m2.2xlarge which is 34GB. That's not your problem then.

Double click on your system and see how much RAM is used and available - let's just double check that first.

Then let's dig into the index server log. Click Diagnosis Files, sort by modified date. There will be a file like indexserver_alert_saphana1.trc. Run an activation and see if something is logged in that file. Paste it here.

John

Answers (0)