cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extend customer master for sales area without affecting other values ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD experts,

I had to extend customer master from one sales area (say 0090-DC-00)  to another  (0090-CA-00)  and change sales office / sales group in the 2nd sales area

However, I am now noticing that when I change the sales office / sales group values in 2nd sales area - they get updated for the first sales areas also

I want to keep different values (sales area/group)  in two different sales areas - how to ensure that?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much testing and investigating we found that was a special user exit logic, out in place many years ago and forgotten, that was causing the problem

The issue has been resolved and we can now maintain different sales office / groups for a customer, master extended to different sales areas

Thank you all

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

S M,

You can do a similar test, for Inco terms (KNVV-INCO1) and payment terms (KNVV-ZTERM)

While you extend a customer to a different sales area, change the Inco terms, payment terms.

Then check if this customer in its "original" sales area, the values of inco terms and payment terms are changed too.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

S M,

Sometimes it might be an error in checking. Could you please give the customer no. in table KNVV and execute.

Check for different sales areas, what is the value of sales office and sales group.

Also execute this table without any input, check if there are any examples of the same customer no. having different sales offices, for different sales areas.

If you get no such examples, then probably some custom code might be in place.

(as said earlier by members)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi S M

As Jurgen said its hard to believe that system is doing this behavior. Jurgen has already suggested you what you need to do and just for cross checking could you please do another test. Extend customer in XD01 without reference. After doing this check sales office and sales group in KNVV and XD03 and update the behavior.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

While doing XD01, did you ensure that the co code is not the same as the one you are referencing? This sounds like intercompany to me. Also check you account group. The functionality should work as you have described, meaning sales area can be extended for the same customer.

-Amir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

I did use the same company code - because the all we needed to do was to extend the customer master to another sales area and not change other basics

The difference between the old and new sales area is a only distribution channel  (0090-DC-00  versus 0090-CA-00)

So, all I need to do was to

- change distribution channel from  DC to CA  and then

- use another  sales office + sales group combination for the sales ares  0090-CA-00

Now are you saying that if company code is common between the two sales areas  then system will copy  values like  sales office + sales groups between different records?  Should I extend  sales area of customer master without using company code?

Thanks,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain the detailed steps how you did it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used XD01 and used existing customer # - but gave it new sales area 0090-CA-00 and as reference used the same customer number but with original sales area  0090-DC-00 -

That is the standard SAP way of extending customer master for another sales area. By giving reference of existing record - you keep all other details the same - but only change what you want to (in my case it was sales office+Sales group  I wanted to change)

What is happening is that when I change the values  Sales office / group in one case (0090-CA-00) it changes it in the first record (0090-DC-00) also - and that is what I don't want to happen

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all;

Sales Offices are assigned to sales area. Firstly , check this configuration step.

Also , Sales Offices and sales groups are related customer sales area data. They are differentable with their sales areas.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly it is hard to believe.

this data is stored in table KNVV.

If you do a XD01 with reference, then this just means you copy data from an existing KNVV record and you CREATE a new KNVV record. In this activity there is no update on the old KNVV record.

From this point of view I would suggest to have an ABAPer debug this phenomena, e.g. if there is something own-made which is causing this behavior.

I found a very old note (SAP 3.0), but this was actually the other way around, it copied the sales office over even it was not assigned to the new sales area.

80061 - Customer: sales office when you create with refer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do a simple test:

Extend a customer master to a different sales area (B) than it is already assigned to (A)

Then update sales office+group in  B    and see if  same record in  A  gets updated or not

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did a test, just to be 110% certain before I add this answer, even I was already certain when I replied yesterday. I am actually doing SAP since 1997  and have created > 250000 customer master sales area data in this time.

And what you described is not the case in any of my systems.

If you can can repeat this case, and you are certain it is not influenced by a user exit or modification, then you should open a call at SAP support. .

Can you actually create a video for that, I am really curious to see it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your serious interest and sincere reply

I'll see if I can create a video and post

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to record the video for this case? Even i would like to see this, never saw anything like this ever !!!!

Also as advised by TW Typewriter, pls do check the table KNVV also, it may turn out to be case of overlooking.

Rahul