cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding certificate profile and the characteristics origin from the production chain. In the inspection lot for the HALB material there are some charachteristics that are skipped, is it possible to get these characteristics from the ROH material then? Do I have to write a FM for the skip strategy or? I have maintained the material list but for now the characteristics from the HALB material is printed even if they are skipped!

BR Kat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm a bit confused.  What exactly do you mean in your last sentence when you say.

"I have maintained the material list but for now the characteristics from the HALB material is printed even if they are skipped!"

Are you saying the characteristic is printed but no value is printed?  Or that the value from the HALB is printed?  If there is a value in the HALB than it wasn't skipped.

What did you have for your skip strategy?

Yes.. you should be able to go back to the ROH material for the value.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you for answering!

The characteristics from HALB is printed but without value because there aren't any. I would like to have the skipped values from the ROH then because there you can find values. Is there any standard functionality for this or do I have to write my own code as a skip strategy?

Kat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you verified that the ROH is indeed listed in the batch where used list?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's in the where used list. I can also see (in debugging for printing the certificate) that the batch for the ROH material is there but when it finds the HALB material it reads everething from there and nothing from the ROH material. Do you think that it should be working?

/Kat

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm kind of surprised by how it's working in your case.  You might be right and may need to develop a new skip strategy to get it back to the ROH.  Have you searched OSS for any notes on this?  I'd be surprised if this is the first time this has been seen.

The other option you might want to consider it utilizing some batch derivation functionality to copy the ROH values forward to the intermediates and then forward to the FERT.

As a rule I always try to get the batch values completely updated for all materials so that values can be easily seen via MSC3n by everyone in the company.  Batch derivation can often times accomplish that.  Then when you do the certificate, you can get all the values directly from the batch record and no material chain master data set up is required.

I don't know if that is something you can consider at this point or not.

Craig