cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mix of Parameters & Select Options in a Selection screen in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I just created my first selection screen in WD4A couple of days back.

Now, we have to mix up some parameters and select-options just like in normal ABAP.

But I could only find a way to insert a "Range" into the WD4A screens via "Create_Range_table".

Supposing I have 2 select-options, then 2 parameters - i.e. no Pattern or range or intervals options (simple = option); then again 2 select-options.

Can't we make a simple Parameter option in WD4A selection screen? I know we can make no_extension and no_intervals as true so that it does look like a parameter. But still user can enter a pattern search in it like a select-option.

Hope my query is clear.

Another question is : As far as I understood, we ALWAYS need a IT_RESULT table in the method ADD_SELECTION_FIELD. Then why is it not mandatory in the method?

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

Due to there has been demand for this feature, the SelectOptions component has been enhanced in SP12 to support parameter fields. Please refer to note 1033992 for details. If you happen to have at least SP9 installed, you can add this feature to your system using snote.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas. I shall go through this note.

Please give any suggestions for my second question:

I see that we ALWAYS need a IT_RESULT table in the method ADD_SELECTION_FIELD. Then why is it not mandatory in the method?

Can this method work without giving IT_RESULT? I tried, it gave me a dump saying cannot find Sign_option.

Thanks again everyone!

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aishi,

In an early version of SelectOptions, the parameter it_result was mandatory. Some time later, a developer contacted me and showed me an example where it was benefitial to first create the field and to pass in the range table at a later point in his algorithm. This can be done by calling set_range_table_of_sel_field( ). Hence, the parameter has become optional. Of course, a range table needs to be specified before the page gets rendered.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)